Smashrun and Week 17 Weigh-in

Selasa, 31 Mei 2016

Smashrun and Week 17 Weigh-in

more than one days ago, I instructed my buddy Gigi (who blogs at walking on sweet) that i would write up a few velocity paintings plans for her to work on getting quicker, and i emailed them to her the day past. in a while, she said that as a "thanks", she desired to present me a top class membership to a internet site called Smashrun. it's basically a website that tracks all of your jogging stats (which can be uploaded from Garmin connect). It has all the fundamentals that Garmin join offers you, but it additionally has a approximately a thousand billion different numbers to geek out over. (you could upload info from several different sources, and now not just Garmin, but I don't know anything approximately the ones.)

The website is loose, unless you get the premium model, which has some more options. As quickly as I signed up and clicked around for all of seven entire seconds, i used to be totally hooked. there is so much fun records! for example, as quickly my Garmin connect data turned into uploaded, a a laugh truth popped up that I have a tendency to run 52% shorter distances when the temperature is beneath freezing.

My preferred part of the web site is in which, on each person run, there is a section referred to as "top notch". There, it offers you a laugh facts about that specific run... such things as, "This changed into your fastest 5K in a month", or "This was the most elevation gained in 6 months", or "This changed into your first run in Oregon", or "This was your maximum common heart rate in 3 months", and so forth. there are such a lot of distinct extremely good statistics! it's actually a laugh to look through some of my vintage runs (courting returned to 2010).

you could quickly look at amusing records and statistics based totally at the 12 months, the month, the week, or the day (of any time frame you pick out). for example, with one little click on, i can see that during 2010, the day of the week that I most customarily ran on became Monday, with a median of 6.1 miles, 44 instances in the course of the 12 months; and the day that I ran at the least regularly become Saturday, common of eight.3 miles, nine instances.

some other click, and i'm able to see that in 2013, my common basic tempo turned into nine:09/mile; my common run length become five.8 miles; my average variety of days according to week that I ran changed into five.1; and that 92% of the time, I ran in the morning.

here, you can see at a glance for the complete yr (any yr) the distances run. you can then click on those little boxes to pull up the person runs:
(The large chunks of grayed out packing containers are in which i used to be taking break day for injury this year.)

The website also has "badges" that you could earn, and on the whole, that isn't always something that motivates me. but as soon as I started looking through the unique badges, i used to be considering how I wanted to paintings on earning them! here are only some examples:

Run seventy five miles in any calendar month.
Run a complete of 858 miles (the space from NYC to Chicago)
complete 10 runs in a month slower than 10:00/mile tempo
entire 10 runs in a month faster than 8:00/mile pace
Run at the least 10 days in March
Run 10 runs that begin earlier than sunrise and cease after dawn.
Do 10 runs after sundown on a full moon.

And plenty of others. quite loopy, right? I assume it'd be a whole lot of fun to work on getting the badges--it's a different sort of jogging purpose than simply aiming for a PR. As I educate for my 10K, i am going to start running on a number of the badges.

there is one arising that needs to be completed on the shortest day of the yr:

seeing that that opportunity handiest comes up as soon as a yr, i'm going to make it a factor to do it on the twenty second!

some thing else this is fun for every run is that it gives you a food equal for the amount of calories you just burned. as an example, after an 18-mile run I did in April 2012...





(you can pick out to peer a healthful food equivalent as a substitute, but in which's the amusing in that?)

anyway, i've had manner too much nerdy a laugh with this website (thanks a lot, Gigi!), so I just desired to percentage it. here is a link to sign up for, if you're involved (i am getting "badge" credit score for referring people). there is so much to proportion that that is most effective a tiny a part of it. in case you're a numbers nerd, like i am, you'll in all likelihood love the site!


Anyway, today was a good weigh-in! I maintained from last week...


My calories had been pretty high this week--my average calorie consumption according to day turned into 1,949. I failed to plan to do that, but it is first-class to know that i will eat that a lot and keep my weight, at the least. due to the fact i have been that specialize in going for a walk each single day, even supposing it is only a brief one, my steps had been higher this week, too (simply under 10,000 on common in line with day).

 weeks down on upkeep and it's going properly to this point :)