Starvin' like Marvin

Selasa, 03 Mei 2016

Starvin' like Marvin

final night turned into amusing! My youngsters had  activities to choose from--their school changed into having an open residence for Christmas, so the households ought to cross and play video games and notice Santa and all that; and my aunt had invited us to move enhance cookies at her residence. once I requested the youngsters what they desired to do, they each stated they wanted to move beautify cookies. I thought that changed into lovable, and informed my aunt how a lot they love going over there.

Eli became a hundred% higher the previous day, no troubles in any respect along with his belly. i'm satisfied, and just hoping it remains that way!

i used to be debating what to do about dinner final night time--I knew my aunt might have meals, but it would not be very WW pleasant. I had a CLIF bar before I left, and then at her residence, I deliberate to now not consume something. There were cupcakes and a zillion cookies, hamburgers, macaroni and cheese, and tortellini soup. I may want to pass on it all, but the cookies had been truly tempting.

I subsequently determined to make a small one, load it up with frosting, and simply estimate the PP in it. i ended up consuming any other 1/2 of one after that, however i'm glad I failed to move all-out and stuff my face with them.
Noah turned into ingesting his as rapid as he should make them ;)

My mother stated she might power the boys domestic in order that I should visit the appearance Tea that Renee had invited me to at her church. I left my aunt's house and went proper to the church. there has been more temptation--Biscoff cookies!!, and a lemon tart that Renee had made (plus tons of different desserts that I failed to even pass take a look at). I placed a -% of the Biscoff cookies in my handbag to take home for later, and then become seeking to determine if I must have a chunk of the lemon tart.

I ultimately decided to have a bit, and look up the PP later. what's the point of being at intention if I can not enjoy this stuff? I ate a chunk of the tart, and it become delicious! (when I looked up the PP later, I saw that it become 12!! it really is a lot.) The tea become a laugh although, and it was pleasant to chat with adults for a couple of hours ;)
This was Renee's table--in front, Renee, me, Jessica, and Kerry; in back
is Stephanie and Andrea (photo from Stephanie)


Jerry turned into off work these days, so after the kids left for school, we had breakfast. Oatmeal with caramel, chocolate chips, and coconut...
i used to be hoping the carbs might help gas me for my longer term this morning. this is scheduled to be a step-lower back week (reduced mileage), so my longer term turned into presupposed to be seven miles. however due to the fact i am going to Indiana for some days, and i am going to need to have greater PointsPlus to apply there, I determined to run eleven miles instead. After remaining week's 10-miler, i was absolutely type of searching ahead to every other long run on my new path.

I grew to become on Jillian Michaels' new podcast on my iPod, and headed out for an out-and-back run. After about a half of-mile, I really had doubts approximately finishing. I generally run on an empty belly, and that i think maybe the reality that I ate before heading out made me feel crappy. i used to be debating in my head for multiple miles whether to show round, and that i figured I could flip round at the three.5 mile mark if I desired, and just do 7 miles after all.

After mile three, I started to sense a bit better. no longer terrific, however truely greater bearable. I grew to become round at mile five.five, after which at mile 8 or so, i was hit with a terrible hunger. I by no means sense hungry when I run, but this turned into awful. My stomach hurt badly from being so hungry! i was hoping Jerry could drive by way of to test on me or some thing, so I ought to hitch a trip (I should have introduced my cellphone). The closing couple of miles dragged, however my tempo turned into wonderful! My current half of-marathon PR pace is 9:23/mi, so i was on pace for a 1/2-marathon PR. With some greater paintings, i will get my sub-2:00 half of-marathon time.
after I got home and heard the beep of 11 miles, I ran into the house and commenced making a protein shake before I even showered. I threw some almond milk, protein powder, frozen raspberries, blueberries, and spinach, and a few lemon and orange flavored Stevia (i am running on a review for these, which i will put up soon--i love them up to now!) within the blender. It changed into truely, truly precise! however it wasn't very quite, it really is for sure:
I showered, and was still hungry, so I had lunch immediately after (an omelet and some toast with peanut butter), and the Biscoff cookies from the tea closing night. And later, Jerry and i were given a vanilla cone from McDonald's. They did a great task with the cone these days--we continually sit up for seeing how our cones will look ;)
today become one of those days in which I just felt starving all day. precise issue I opted for eleven miles in preference to 7, because I should clearly use the greater PP!

I had all the above written before I heard the information about the basic school taking pictures in Connecticut. I normally preserve my weblog quite mild-hearted, but i was absolutely heartbroken these days after I heard approximately it. I sense really horrible for the households of these poor youngsters. Please maintain the families for your thoughts and/or prayers this Christmas. I cannot even begin to imagine how heartbroken they feel proper now.