Week 16 Weigh-in (getting real with maintenance)

Senin, 30 Mei 2016

Week 16 Weigh-in (getting real with maintenance)

This week was my first week of maintenance, and I was very happy with the scale this morning:

Wearing socks is easier than covering my tattoo ;)
i used to be 132.five, which means that i'm clearly down half a pound from last week and beneath my intention weight! i am no longer going to retain posting my body fats or waist measurements anymore, because I do not assume them to change a whole lot. Of course, I truly hope that my weight would not trade an excessive amount of either, but we're going to see approximately that ;)

I really had a tough time finding out whether to retain posting Wednesday Weigh-ins. On one hand, they may be beneficial to have some accountability; however alternatively, I feel like i am taking walks on a totally brief leash. I feel like now that i am here (at intention) I must live right here; it'd be tough to submit a weight this is over goal, even supposing it's only a regular fluctuation. I absolutely expect a number of my weigh-ins to be over my actual purpose weight of 133, however I do not need to sense terrible approximately myself after I submit that to my weblog. If i can preserve my weight at or underneath 135, i will be thrilled.

The toughest a part of weighing in publicly is not letting the idea of a weigh-in have an effect on the manner I eat. I want to live constant with my consuming habits, in place of eating lightly or lower-sodium foods the day earlier than my weigh-in. I would love to treat each day as though i am now not weighing in the subsequent morning, if that makes experience.

I realize to anticipate a gain here and there, but as lengthy because it doesn't preserve to climb every week, there's no reason to panic. (I suppose that's the most important key here--if I see  or three gains in a row for my weigh-ins, then in reality, some thing has to change. however a advantage, then a loss, then a advantage, etc. is regular and expected.)

My average every day calories this week became 1,597. in spite of hitting preservation, I failed to intentionally attempt to devour greater energy or do anything otherwise. I just persevered to eat how i've been all alongside. I do feel like i've more wiggle room, though, if something become to come up. If i've a 2nd high calorie day that week, or I want to have a little greater something right here or there, i have the room to try this, when you consider that i am simply trying to preserve my weight to any extent further. (It sincerely wouldn't harm to drop some extra kilos for my 10K schooling--I think i was one hundred thirty once I ran my PR).

Being in maintenance mode feels kind of peculiar (in a terrific manner, of course). i like that I experience like i'm able to take a breather, and now not assume to peer the dimensions maintain to move down. and that i can be satisfied whilst my weight stays the same as the week before! I nonetheless have a hard time believing that i'm genuinely right here (in maintenance), though. when I have a look at my smallest denims, I routinely think, "I can't wait to wear those again!" but then I don't forget--"Oh, wait, i will wear the ones now. i am within some pounds of being the smallest i've ever been as an grownup!"

Being at upkeep method that i can go through all of my clothes, and eliminate something that is both too big or too small, or I just don't like the manner it fits. the scale that i am now is (optimistically) the dimensions i will be in a month, or six months, or a 12 months. My complete lifestyles, i have had clothes that are too small, garments which might be too big, and clothes that I just hope to wear at some point... but now, i will slim it down to just the wearable garments. It feels ordinary! Haha.

anyway, i'm glaringly pleased to be in maintenance mode again. optimistically i can research from the errors I made last time! (If I ever write approximately seeking to devour "intuitively" and prevent counting energy, a person hit me over the head, please. Haha,  wherein that usually leads!). i am surely actually excited to peer what 2016 has in store for me--i am damage-loose and at my aim weight :)