Piles of jeans

Sabtu, 07 Mei 2016

Piles of jeans

the day gone by changed into a rest day, so I spent some time within the morning going via the denims in my closet and trying them on. in advance this year, I most effective had a couple of pairs of denims that truly fit, and that i felt hopeless about ever fitting into all my antique favorites again--especially this fall. one of the things i love approximately fall climate is wearing jeans and sweatshirts.

while i was dropping weight in 2009-2010, I had a pile of denims that suit me, after which I continually had at least one pair, in a length too small, on hand as nicely. i'd strive the too-small jeans on once a week till they eventually in shape; then i might purchase another pair that become too small, and do the same aspect. It was motivating to look them get closer and towards becoming every week, and watching the sizes drop.

As my weight has fluctuated during the last numerous years, I preserve 3 stacks of jeans in my closet: those that in shape and i will wear readily in public; those who i will button and zip, but they are too tight to put on; and people that do not match at all. In 2013, I keep in mind being thrilled that I ought to fit into and quite simply put on each single pair of jeans in my closet. for the duration of 2014, they slowly migrated into the "too tight" pile, after which into the "can not even wear" pile. i bought a few pairs of jeans in bigger sizes (going from four's to 8's and 10's), that is what i have been carrying this year.

on account that i have dropped about 10 pounds given that spring, I decided to attempt at the piles of jeans. i used to be pleased to find out that there were several pairs that had been really too massive to wear:


the ones are the scale 10's and the loose-becoming eight's. After losing approximately five more kilos, i'll strive the smaller jeans on once more. There have been numerous pairs that had been borderline wearable, so I sit up for those feeling comfy subsequent time.

while i was looking through images to try to find a "purpose" outfit (some thing that i will look forward to sporting simply once more), i discovered this photograph from may 2013:


there has been nothing unique about that outfit--simply denims and a protracted-sleeved stretchy shirt--however I suppose I seemed correct there, and i'd be satisfied to put on that again and appearance as properly as I did then. I attempted on those denims and that blouse the day prior to this, and i was amazed that i will button and zip the denims. Jerry said that they appearance proper, and i ought to absolutely put on them now, however they felt too tight to wear with no trouble. I think in about five greater kilos i will sense higher about wearing them.

One thing that has modified for the higher during the last year or year and a half of, is that i'm not dissatisfied approximately the size that i am now. I suppose I appearance pretty good now, and if I stayed this length forever, i'd be k with that. I do recall looking and feeling better approximately 15 kilos less than i am now, though, so i would nonetheless like to get lower back there. I just don't want this submit to sound like i'm complaining approximately carrying a length 6 or eight, due to the fact I suppose that I appearance wholesome and "everyday" at this length.

also, less weight = quicker going for walks pace. for the reason that i am no longer going to be doing any lengthy distance jogging inside the foreseeable future, I think it might be fun to try and get quicker at shorter distances as soon as i'm harm-loose and jogging again. i'm sincerely playing pass-schooling now, so i might be glad to do 2-3 short, faster runs every week than seeking to get in numerous distance. maybe i will even be able to PR my 5K and/or 10K subsequent yr.

but i am questioning too a ways ahead! proper now, i would like to focus on the prevailing, and do what i can to appearance and feel my best. The calorie counting goes sincerely nicely, and that i like the pass education, so i will see wherein that gets me!


i was hoping to do my lengthy stroll today, in place of the following day, however it became thunder storming this morning. rather, I decided to do the mini stair stepper whilst analyzing my e-book. again, i was brilliant inspired with how hard of a workout it ends up being!


i'd simplest stepped for 32 mins, and burned 321 calories. while i used to be done, i used to be sweating extra than i would were from going for walks!

last week, I asked on facebook for some ebook pointers, and so many people responded... my ebook queue became approximately a mile lengthy. i used to be searching out a quick, clean study, and something that could suck me in fast. I cherished The starvation video games series, and someone recommended that I attempt the Uglies series through Scott Westerfeld.

I can't say that I preferred the real storyline as much as the starvation video games, but it truly sucked me in! I study Uglies after which immediately commenced on the following ebook, Pretties. I finished Pretties this morning, and at once downloaded the third book, Specials. it is been extraordinary, due to the fact i have never even touched Netflix or anything else on television considering that I commenced analyzing these books (however, i have gotten behind on email and laundry, haha).

besides, there are a TON of fantastic book recommendations on the facebook thread, so in case you're looking for something to study, you could test it out right here. I added a couple dozen books to my queue just from skimming through the suggestions, but I want to go through the thread again and study it greater intently. Regardless, i will have enough books to keep me busy for a while! ;)