Home again

Kamis, 19 Mei 2016

Home again

This month has been SO busy. generally, we do not have a lot stuff occurring, however October just came about to be packed full. We drove to my sister's house on Friday (in Illinois) and stayed there till the previous day morning.

I won't recap the complete weekend, however essentially we went bowling a couple of times, and went into Madison, Wisconsin for a night. Jeanie turned into strolling a half of-marathon on Sunday in Madison, so we drove there on Saturday for packet pick-up and to have dinner. I went together with her to pick out up her packet, and i was so jealous after I noticed the race shirts! I wished I had signed up, simply due to those shirts ;)

Jeanie said she in no way wears her race shirts, and gave hers to me. I wore it these days for a run:


It has a spiderweb at the front shoulder, and a huge spider on the bottom. And it glows in the dark! while you positioned it inside the darkish, the call of the race (Haunted Hustle) is the only element you can see. normally, I don't like to wear race shirts of events i haven't participated in, however I truly preferred this blouse. (Jeanie said this become a totally properly-put-together race, in case you're looking for a a laugh Halloween race next 12 months. they have got a 5K the night earlier than, then a half-marathon, and full marathon.)

I did simply well with my ingesting even as i was at Jeanie's. We ate out some instances, however I handiest absolutely "splurged" on one meal, which become at a Mexican eating place called Mexico Clásico. They make clean guacamole right on the table, and it's top notch. I also had a margarita.


My calorie count ended up being over three,000 that day, so I just counted it as my high-calorie day and moved on. apart from that, I controlled to stay below approximately 1700 per day, which isn't always terrible even as being out of my regular routine. not positive what my weigh-in will have in shop the following day, but again, I wouldn't change whatever and i sense accurate about my selections.

This morning, I had a assembly with Eli's speech instructor at college, so I handiest had time to squeeze in  miles. For a few purpose, I felt a bit guilty for now not doing three, however I handiest promised myself that i'd do 2-3 miles for each run, so I have no reason to sense horrific for doing two.

jogging felt hard nowadays. My ultimate run (now not counting the run I did with Jeanie at her house), I felt terrific and did a sub-nine:00 average tempo. nowadays, I notion it might be a piece of cake to run  sub-nine:00's. halfway down the road, I saw i was doing a 9:15 pace, and it felt tough! however I nevertheless pushed myself to attempt to hit that tempo.

i ended up doing the primary mile in 8:55, and then the second one I driven a touch more difficult toward the stop and controlled an eight:forty four mile.


it's a screen shot from the brand new Garmin connect app. They up to date it, and i really like it!

I met Andrea for lunch at Panera, and i used to be thrilled to look that they had black bean soup these days. that is my favorite (after broccoli cheddar, which is better in energy) however they never have it anymore. i assumed they just stopped serving the black bean soup there, but once I saw it on the menu these days I were given a bit too excited ;)


now not the prettiest soup within the world, but it is very filling and tastes scrumptious. I had a bowl of that with a baguette component, which became 410 calories total. not horrific!

tonight, I determined to go through all my running clothes and remove a number of them. i have manner too many, and i don't wear even 1/2 of them. considering i've cut returned on going for walks, additionally, there may be no motive to have such a lot of alternatives. the primary things to go had been the garments that had been too huge on me. i purchased some shirts once I received weight remaining 12 months, and they were dishevelled inside the stomach location (which i was glad about then, as it hid my stomach that had gotten larger). looking at those blouse now, though, offers me a awful feeling. I found out that I do not ever want to wear them once more. here is one, for instance:

June 2014
I hate that shirt with a ardour! I preferred it when i purchased it, but searching at it now just makes me experience bad approximately myself. Do any of you have got garments that you just accomplice with terrible emotions? it's form of like tune, or a specific fragrance--they are able to make you sense appropriate or sense bad. anyway, i'm happy to be rid of this blouse, in addition to several others. i was additionally satisfied to strive on a gaggle of shirts that i ended wearing because they have been too small, and see that they now match me. and i bumped off a gaggle of race shirts that I recognize i will in no way wear. i like my race shirt cover, but I don't know what to do with the race shirts that I keep to accumulate. besides, it felt top to clean out that stuff!