Week 15 Weigh-in (a good one!!)

Jumat, 27 Mei 2016

Week 15 Weigh-in (a good one!!)

I will spoil the ending right off the bat... I am back at GOAL weight!!!


Fifteen brief weeks in the past, I never would have guessed that i would hit my purpose so quickly. i'm so satisfied that I decided to offer the calorie counting a great hard strive, as it seems that it really works properly for me and i actually revel in it. no longer in a "I hate it, however I still do it" type of way... but I really kind of experience calorie counting. likely because i really like numbers, and (as of now) calorie counting remains fairly new to me.

anyway, today i was down 1.5 pounds from last week, bringing me to 133--my "legitimate" purpose weight. My body fats became 22.7%, that is down zero.2%; and my waist remained regular at 25.75 inches. As of the day gone by, i was at 133.five kilos, so I wasn't positive if i used to be going to hit 133 this morning; however it become a completely pleasant surprise to step on the dimensions and notice that I virtually did it!



I keep considering the word "just get it over with" that my friend Andrea discussed with me while she visited in January. I wrote a put up about it, however essentially, she stated that we spend a lot TIME of our lives fretting over losing weight (specially while we've received a few again). It consumes our thoughts each day--some of us for YEARS (I involved approximately it almost my complete life). however Andrea said if we simply get it over with (spend the weeks or months or couple of years it takes to lose the weight), then it's finished--we do not must constantly fear approximately losing it!

I spent all of 2014 feeling like a failure for gaining a few weight returned, and that i felt an considerable strain to take it off. i was very tough on myself. I attempted to make peace with my new weight/length, however I in no way felt definitely right there. For the first 1/2 of 2015, i used to be looking to lose it, but no longer to the great of my capability. My weight went up and down, steadily climbing to the very best it would been in five years (when you consider that I lost the weight in 2009-2010).

i am now not positive precisely what clicked for me when I started counting calories, but I have become awesome stimulated to get the burden off and get returned to aim. It turned into like I positioned blinders on and just centered at the purpose in front of me. on reflection, I wish I had achieved this in 2014 right after gaining it! If I had simply gotten it over with then (it took all of 15 weeks--no longer a good deal time in any respect within the grand scheme of things), I should have stored myself from the intellectual torture that I put myself through for a yr.

Getting lower back to my goal weight wasn't "clean", despite the fact that it is able to appear to be it became, primarily based on how speedy I were given there... there have been some days where i used to be SO TORN approximately whether or not to binge. I knew it might have made me feel better in that moment to binge (simplest to experience terrible about myself in a while), so it was sincerely hard to make that selection not to. but, as of these days, i am 113 days binge-free!



i'm the first to confess that dropping weight does now not identical happiness; but freeing up all that mental area that used to be consumed with guilt or feeling like a failure has carried out wonders for my happiness. I feel virtually, clearly good right now--no longer just with how I appearance, but with how I feel mentally as nicely.

I decided to reward myself by way of booking a trip with my SkyMiles... i am going again to the Pacific Northwest in April! This time, i'm going to spend some days in Seattle with my friend Laurel (who is a weblog reader that I met after I went to Portland!). Ever given that I went to Portland, i've been dreaming approximately travelling Seattle; and because the two cities are pretty near, i'm able to do both in one journey. i'm going to do a 10K in Washington on April 10th, and i'm making that my intention race for a PR. it is first-class to have a race to devise for! It makes me even extra influenced to get quicker (and preserve my purpose weight).

So, now, the massive question is... what's subsequent? I actually don't want to regain the load, so i'm going to keep to depend my energy. i might want to keep a weight below one hundred thirty five, so i will should experiment with my calories to find out what's going to make me maintain. I wasn't positive if I need to continue to do Wednesday Weigh-ins, because I assume my weight to move up and down by way of a couple of kilos each week; but I think i'm able to continue to put up them. I might not do my frame fats and waist measurement every week, when you consider that I do not assume that to alternate a great deal, however i can retain to publish my weight.

I realize I should say this more often, however I need to express a large thanks to those of you that have stuck with me thru this never-finishing adventure of mine. I try to post about the coolest AND the horrific, the americaAND the downs, to give a sensible photo of what weight loss and maintenance is like. i've had lots of loopy thoughts, and set some silly dreams, and modified my mind dozens of times approximately what i'm doing... however every component I do is a getting to know revel in. i've gotten so much help from so many of you, and i cannot thanks sufficient for that! thinking about the following day is Thanksgiving, I simply need to mention a big thanks to all of you for the kindness and encouragement during the last 4 years.

That said, i'm hoping anyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving day after today! i'm searching forward to doing the Turkey Trot with my brother, and then making dinner for my own family.