Greetings from Mars

Kamis, 30 Juni 2016

Greetings from Mars

Wow, thanks for all the incredible perception the day past approximately whether to count or no longer to count number in maintenance--i am satisfied I requested! In my mind, it appeared like all the people I know who are preserving their weight do it effects, and do not have to depend calories/points anymore. After analyzing the remarks on the day before today's post, I realise that a number of humans nonetheless count or even conflict in maintenance. i really like not counting, due to the fact it's so freeing, but I feel a lot greater on top of things after I do hold a food log and track my calories/points. So today, I counted energy and logged my meals for the primary time considering the fact that early December.

It became genuinely difficult going returned to the measuring and writing matters down today. I definitely made healthier meals alternatives! i was kind of hungry inside the afternoon, which is when i've been snacking manner too much currently, and it changed into difficult no longer to simply say "one more day" of no longer counting. but I felt much better at dinnertime, due to the fact i was without a doubt hungry for dinner, instead of already feeling kind of full after which consuming dinner besides.

I went to visit Mark nowadays. He were given a completely particular card! he is gotten pretty a few unique cards given that his prognosis, however this one simply blew my mind. It was home made out of brown paper lunch baggage, which have been glued together into a ebook in a way that made every web page into a "pocket". And inside of every pocket become a card (or two or 3). It became obvious that someone spent quite a few time running on it, and i just thought it was the coolest factor. It become from a collection at a marketing corporation referred to as MARS.


The snap shots don't even surely do it justice. i was just in awe at how an awful lot time a person spent on it. Even the individual cards that were inner of the pages have been so lovable and specific! Mark without a doubt enjoyed it, particularly after I explained that it changed into from MARS ;)

The snow has been melting all day today! it's been in the high-30's or even low-forty's, which without a doubt looks like summer, after the winter we've got had right here in Michigan. My youngsters had been complaining that they were too warm in their coats these days, so when we went out to go to Mark and to Sam's club, all of us went jacket-much less. It become high-quality!

whilst we have been at Sam's membership, we walked by means of a few flooring on the market, and Noah came up with an analogy that made me burst out laughing...

Noah: "Mama, we want to get real hardwood flooring."
Me: "Noah, it might be excellent to have hardwood floors, but we don't need them. there's not anything wrong with the flooring we've."
Noah: "Our flooring are like the usage of fondant on a cake! You should not placed fake frosting on a cake, and putting faux wood on our flooring is simply as bad."

Bahaha, I even wrote down his specific sentence straight away later on, so I would not overlook. he is been watching Cake Boss pretty a piece these days, so maybe it really is where he got here up with that analogy ;)

The entire manner domestic from Sam's club, I just stored marveling at how the snow changed into melting. there has been water anywhere, so that is going to be quite messy as the snow melts. As i was typing this, I observed water leaking from the ceiling in my bedroom--yay. whilst all the snow builds up at the roof, and then starts offevolved to soften, it is able to pool and shape a leak. extremely good. I can be SO satisfied when all this snow is gone. i might even be capable of run my long term out of doors on Friday :)

The youngsters desired to play within the snow while we were given domestic, and the snow inside the backyard remains quite deep. I went out to take their photograph, and stepped in as much as my thighs! The youngsters made a snowman, entire with a giant carrot nose and potatoes for eyes.

The snow become manner too moist and heavy to work with. I needed to assist them get the eyes and nose on the snowman, because the snow become extra like slush. however it is quality that the lads have been available gambling in it! i'm now not even going to study the forecast past today, due to the fact if this is supposed to freeze over, I do not want to know ;)