Winter Wonderland

Rabu, 29 Juni 2016

Winter Wonderland

i have complained quite a piece this winter approximately the weather--the temps had been at report lows, and the snow has been at file highs. This has been the most "wintery" wintry weather i've ever experienced. This morning, while it was time to stroll the men to the bus stop, it changed into so difficult to get stimulated to place on my coat and boots, and step outside, especially when I noticed just how bloodless it turned into accessible:


(it is definitely type of humorous, though... -nine doesn't appear nearly as bloodless as it did  months in the past. After seeing -30, the -nine would not appearance so bad!)

the men and i walked to the bus forestall, and i was absolutely amazed at what had passed off to the bushes in a single day. They had been in reality lovely! they all had little ice crystals throughout them, making them seem white. I took a few pics, but of path they have been a good deal prettier in individual.


I took a few more a little while later, when it was lighter out. I actually stopped my car in the middle of the road to snap a quick photo:



My friend Melissa posted this close-up picture on Facebook, which shows it much better:


I don't assume i've ever visible some thing like it. It lasted all morning, but commenced melting whilst the solar peeked out for a little whilst. i'm glad I were given to peer it after I did though--it made me prevent and in fact respect the wintry weather for a second, in place of moan about it ;)

nowadays was a rest day, so rather than jogging upon getting the boys off to high school, I went to Monica's (my preferred bakery) to reserve Mark's cake. I attempted to get Mark to be specific approximately what taste cake he likes, however he simply said, "Any antique cake!" 1 / 4-sheet cake serves 20-25, and i'm guessing we'll have approximately 25-30 human beings, so i ended up deciding on a half of-sheet. we're going to have plenty left over, so I figured we should convey it to the nursing home with Mark after the birthday celebration, and he can proportion with the nursing personnel and/or sufferers.

thank you for all of the fantastic pointers about what to have written on the cake! i stopped up going with Jen's notion of "enjoy lifestyles", because that definitely does describe Mark thoroughly. He has every reason to bitch about the hand he was dealt in this lifetime, however i have in no way heard him complain about whatever; and he enjoys each second!

They requested how i would find it irresistible decorated, and i flipped through a few snap shots to get an idea. i stopped up going with a fishing subject, because Mark continues announcing that the primary issue he wants to do whilst he is going home is go fishing with my dad. So it will likely be a marble sheet cake with vanilla buttercream frosting, decorated with a fishing subject matter and "enjoy existence" written on it. i'm sure Mark will adore it.
when i used to be out of doors this morning, my face became so bloodless that I decided i might start making a cover these days. i am the usage of a corpulent grey yarn and this pattern. it will likely take me a few days to complete it, but this iciness doesn't seem to be going anywhere!


I depart for San Diego seven weeks from day after today. i was wondering today that i would like to get in without a doubt accurate shape for the experience! I don't need to "diet" or pass returned to counting points, but I in reality need to devour better and perhaps kick up the workout. I suppose i'm going to try to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred for 30 days, on top of my normal going for walks. on account that i have reduce back a lot on my mileage lately, I feel like my frame is getting a touch softer.

As some distance as meals, I need to scale back at the processed foods (not eliminate them altogether, but reduce again) and eat a cleanser food regimen. really more vegetables, due to the fact i'm constantly slacking on the ones. i am going to cut out the wine for a touch whilst, too. I don't suppose there's whatever incorrect with having a glass of wine at night time, as i have carried out for a long time, but recently it is been making me experience snacky. And due to the fact i'm now not counting factors, it's clean to consume too much, even though it is not a binge.

besides, not anything drastic, just changes that I probable should make anyway! The San Diego journey simply offers me an incentive to get a flow on it ;)