Week 23 Weigh-in (and a FAQ)

Kamis, 09 Juni 2016

Week 23 Weigh-in (and a FAQ)

I used to clearly dread my Wednesday Weigh-ins, that's a part of the cause i ended doing them for more than one years. but now that i have gotten so regular with my eating, I do not dread Wednesday mornings at all. Even seeing a benefit (a regular fluctuation) doesn't trouble me, because I recognise that i'm being consistent with my eating habits.

And, i have to say, seeing the one hundred twenty's has been super! cutting-edge weigh-in:


i was at 128, which is the same as final week. another week of preservation achievement :)

This week, my average day by day calorie consumption was 1,831. As a long way as my long-term desires:

7K steps 6+ days in line with week: I best managed five days this week. The weather became, and it has been this sort of bitter bloodless this week. i am no longer making excuses, even though--I simply virtually failed to need to head for a stroll in the cold on my rest days!

stay binge-free: fulfillment! today is day 169 of my binge-loose streak. i love love love feeling in control over meals once more. My longest streak ever was one year, so i am going to try to beat that.

strive one new recipe every week: I surely made two new recipes this week. the first was Shrimp Scampi Pasta, and sadly, no one within the circle of relatives preferred it. typically, i really like shrimp scampi (and of route i like pasta); but this one become VERY lemony, and that is what we agreed we didn't like about it. (i am a lemon fan for sure, however not a lot inside the shrimp scampi)


The second recipe I tried was for Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal. We had this for dinner yesterday, and it was delicious!


I thought my children would bitch the complete time about eating oatmeal (particularly for dinner), however they surely in reality liked it. Eli even had seconds. The simplest exchange i'd make to this recipe is to reduce the amount of salt in half. It tasted pretty salty to me (and i manifest to love salt!). however i would genuinely make this again (Eli has asked that we consume it often, haha).

So, over all, I did quite properly on my goals this week ( out of three, anyway):

(This app is called Momentum)
My 10K schooling went quite properly this week, too, except for the day prior to this's run. i used to be doing my five x four:00 periods, and were given a excessive abdominal muscle spasm--I truly desire I knew what was the reason for these! I could not run (it harm to even walk), so I hobbled domestic. I best made it thru  and a 1/2 of the periods. i was bummed, because i was doing sincerely brilliant with my velocity (7:32, 7:35, 7:06). those ab spasms are new to me, simply occurring considering the fact that October. They don't manifest all the time, but when they do, it's usually throughout a difficult exercise (intervals or pace). i have been studying what i can find about it, so i am going to begin noting when they show up and see if i'm able to discover a pattern as to what's inflicting them.

anyway, my runs for this week:




i have responded this question earlier than, however i am nonetheless getting several emails a day asking the same question--so i am going to publish it right here, too.

FAQ: How did you determine the variety of energy you consume according to day?

answer: I didn't. I by no means set a intention for the amount of calories i'd eat--I just commenced logging my food, eating three food and one "treat" an afternoon, and it ended up working out to being about 1500-1600 in line with day. That become sufficient to preserve me from being hungry and to fuel my runs, however additionally capable of shed pounds. while logging my meals, I simply wanted the total calories to be "affordable"--however I did not (and nonetheless don't) intention for a selected wide variety or range.

I suppose the quality manner to discover how many calories to consume is to test! pick out various, and strive it for per week--if you shed pounds and feel right, exquisite. If not, attempt a exceptional wide variety. after I first started out counting energy, I had no concept how many would paintings for me. I knew I desired to be able to devour as a great deal as possible, however nonetheless shed pounds. So, I just started out ingesting what felt like a "ordinary" amount of food, and it worked out to be round 1500-1600 calories on common. In protection, i've been ingesting greater than that, however i've still lost every other 5 kilos.

The manner i have lost the weight is in reality as easy as it may probable get--counting energy. I don't have a look at the macronutrients (fats, carbs, protein), or whatever else. I desired to move returned to the fundamentals and preserve it as easy as possible. So, I simply eat something I want, and that i log the calories for it, trying to maintain it "reasonable". I wrote a FAQ post approximately the calorie counting, which you could discover here, in order that answers more questions.

the lowest line is, with any sort of weight loss, to experiment and notice what works nice for YOU :)