Motivational Monday #45

Sabtu, 18 Juni 2016

Motivational Monday #45

glad Motivational Monday! i've felt a chilly approaching for some days, but nowadays it in reality hit me hard. My throat could be very sore, i'm congested, and i've a terrible headache. but i've been doing definitely nicely on in reality Filling, and that i sense extremely good approximately it. I had multiple temptations this week--my family Christmas birthday celebration, and lunch today at l.  a. Pita--but i've caught to the plan and i have made it work into my life, so it is less difficult to do.

it is been very cold these days, and we were given a ton of snow! I got out my IceSpikes and ran with the ones within the snow, which became without a doubt pretty fine. going for walks helps clean my sinuses, so despite the fact that I didn't feel like going out there this morning, i used to be satisfied I did. I didn't realise it till I got domestic, however modern-day run was probably the coldest temp i've ever run in!


It became three degrees, with a "seems like" temp of -7. If I had visible that before I headed out, I don't know if I honestly would have gone ;)  running thru the snow became kind of difficult, so even with that pace, that's slower than i am used to, my heart fee was up quite a chunk and that i burned almost a hundred calories in line with mile.

besides, i'm hoping each person else is staying active, despite the cold that has hit most of us! :)


Jen just finished her longest distance race--a 15K! She made a sensible desire for her first: the new Chocolate 15K :)  She had hip surgical treatment a yr in the past, and after she was cleared by way of her document to get lively once more, she decided she wanted to run this race. The members had to keep a 13:00/mi minimal pace, and Jen became a little apprehensive approximately that strain. based totally on her schooling, she expected a 12:30-ish pace. She was thrilled, then, while she crossed the end line in 1:48:26, an authentic tempo of eleven:38/mi!



Kerry completed her first 5K race! She ran together with her high-quality buddy Liezl, who, oddly sufficient, has the same maiden call as Kerry, and both of their husbands are named Daniel. They finished the race together in 37 minutes, and now they may be planning on education for a half-marathon!


Patricia is proud to have run her first 5K race in several years! She plans to sign up for one 5K each month in order to stay motivated to continue running.



Rachel ran her first legit 5K on Saturday--the Christmas mild Run! It was an night run, and the bloodless temps nearly saved her from going, but her circle of relatives supported her by means of bundling up and going to cheer her on. She's already searching ahead to the following one!