Mark's visit at home

Rabu, 29 Juni 2016

Mark's visit at home

i am hoping all of us has had a cute Valentine's Day. I made coronary heart-formed French toast for my children this morning, but it ended up being a failure, due to the fact they failed to even apprehend that it changed into inside the form of hearts until I informed them halfway through their breakfast! ;) Oh, nicely, I tried...


After the youngsters went to high school, I hopped on the treadmill for my long run. on the schedule became a 10K race, but considering that I had no race to do today, I decided to just run eight miles at the sluggish quit of my long run tempo variety (eight:forty eight-10:07/mi). alas, i used to be right down to the final two episodes of Flashpoint. i've actually loved that show, and it has gotten me via many runs for the duration of this extraordinarily cold and snowy iciness. The final  episodes totaled about 80 mins, so the timing became definitely ideal for my 8-mile run.

The finale was virtually correct, and i used to be happy with the manner the display ended. but now i've were given to find some thing else to occupy my mind on the 'mill. My run went nicely; my heart charge stayed in the very low cease of region 3, which is good.


simply after lunch, my dad and that i went to head select up Mark. His occupational therapist was going to observe us to Mark's organization home to assess how nicely Mark could deal with moving round there, so she might recognise what to paintings on with him. whilst we were given to the nursing home, Mark become very excited and prepared to move! He waved to absolutely everyone as we have been walking out (pushing him in his wheelchair), and he instructed every person, "don't worry, i'll be back in a bit whilst!"

Tiffany (his OT) confirmed us a way to get him into the automobile, and it went without a doubt smoothly. Mark has gotten so much better on the grounds that he began physical and occupational therapy.

Tiffany followed us in her car, and we drove to the group home. Mark got out and walked into the house with his walker... he did great!


Mark was so glad to see absolutely everyone. The citizens within the home all got here as much as him to shake his hand, and ask him questions about in which he turned into, and all that. Mark saved telling anyone that he changed into there to "take a take a look at" and that Tiffany became his "instructor" ;)  He labored simply hard at being independent, and he did incredible. She had him walk round and show her the house, doing the things he could commonly do on a every day basis there.

I must prevent for a second to mention that Tiffany is truely extraordinary with Mark! you could tell that she certainly, genuinely cares approximately him and his properly-being. he's her first affected person of the day at some point of the week, and she even brings him coffee from Tim Hortons--never a part of her job, but she is aware of that Mark loves his coffee. She definitely wants to get him nicely sufficient to live on the institution domestic once more, and Mark is the pleasant affected person ever, because he'll do some thing it takes to make that show up.

This became the first time i have met the opposite residents within the domestic, and i am so happy that I got to fulfill them. they all had exclusive personalities which absolutely came thru in how they talked to Mark, and that i just cherished seeing Mark have interaction with all of us. Tiffany and that i laughed at how Mark instructed quite a good deal everybody he saw that he is paying for the pizza party tomorrow with his own money. He stored saying he "raised over $200" to pay for the birthday celebration, and he turned into very pleased with that. besides, she is so great, and i am thankful that he has a therapist like her!

The complete time we were there, I kept noticing simply how happy Mark was. i'd in no way visible him smile so huge! he's constantly a happy character in widespread, however nowadays become wonderful. I without a doubt hope that he is capable of move returned to stay there (and shortly).

whilst it became time to go away, after Mark "handed" his check, my dad and i took him lower back to the nursing domestic. I asked if he wanted a milkshake (and of course he did), so we stopped at McD's to get a shake for him. I noticed that they have Shamrock Shakes now (!!), so I suggested that one. i haven't had a Shamrock Shake in approximately 5 years, but I used to like them. Mark wanted to strive it, and he became in love at the beginning sip. He stated it beats the strawberry shake by means of a lot!

whilst we were given to the nursing home, we realized that they have been having an ice cream social for Valentine's Day. Mark wanted to try this, despite the fact that he'd already eaten 1/2 of his Shamrock Shake, so my dad and that i took him to the cafeteria for the social. I did my long term today, so I failed to experience responsible at all approximately having a sundae with Mark.

I stated I just desired a small scoop, and this is what she gave me--who am I to argue about what a small scoop is? ;) It changed into so precise! ideal long term treat.

We got Mark settled back in his room, and then my dad and that i left. I instructed Mark to get an awesome night's sleep for his birthday party the following day. The birthday party is at 4:00, and i am looking ahead to it!