Cookies and wine

Sabtu, 25 Juni 2016

Cookies and wine

(Random tidbit: I initially wanted to name my blog "Cookies & Wine", however the .com become taken. So I got here up with Runs for Cookies as an alternative. I just like the latter tons higher, as it explains a touch more about my blog!)

final night time got quite stressful at around 7:30. more than one weeks in the past, I were given an email from lady's international magazine, wanting to interview me approximately my weight loss tale for a piece of writing. I failed to point out it earlier than, due to the fact I wasn't a hundred% certain if it became going to appear or no longer. They did the interview, and stated someone would be in contact for pix. however numerous days went by, and that i didn't pay attention some thing, so I just assumed that perhaps they selected not to use the tale.

At 7:30 the day prior to this night, I were given a name from a photographer who wanted to set up a picture shoot for nowadays at eleven:30 in the morning. I stated sure, with out simply wondering it through, and when I hung up, I realized I wasn't prepared at all. woman's international had particular that they wanted me to wear best informal clothes, in strong colors (no white, black, grey, or brown), and shape-becoming. when I went thru my closet, I had not anything that match that description. So I left the house at 8:00 to move purchase a blouse.

The photographer was going to come to my residence for the shoot, and my residence became truely not photograph-ready. i used to be additionally advised to have reachable some meals gadgets that I ate at the same time as i was losing weight. the main point of the article is that I failed to give up my favored foods or pressure myself to eat matters I did not like to lose the burden; I simply ate what I loved, and counted the calories for it.

This morning, I cleaned my kitchen and dwelling room the great I should, and went to the bakery to buy a few cookies for the meals prop. I made a brief pasta dish, and poured a glass of wine to have as props also. I even managed to squeeze in a three-mile run at the treadmill before getting ready.

The photographer and her assistant showed up at eleven:30, and got to work. they had a list of pics that they had to get, and they ended up taking approximately 60 snap shots over the course of 2 half hours. It was plenty different from the Runner's international shoot, because they had to adjust the lighting fixtures after every unmarried image. there was numerous standing around (in heels), and i was achey and hungry by the point it changed into over.

I hadn't shared my tale with any magazines until now, and it came about to be with  magazines to be able to be out at the same time! I think the female's world one can be out at the end of March. i'm a touch worried approximately it, because I just without a doubt wish that it does not come off sounding gimmicky. In a number of the pix, you may see all three food props, and that i wish the object doesn't make it sound like I ate big bowls of pasta, accompanied through 4 massive cookies and a glass of wine ;)  the ones have been all things I ate while dropping weight, however not all at once.

The wine and cookies diet? Sign me up!
besides, it's been an interesting begin to 2014, to mention the least!

speakme of magazines, i used to be thinking about prizes for the digital 5K this Saturday. last year, I gave away 31 matters for my 31st birthday, but became a nightmare whilst it got here to packaging and shipping the entirety. With the Runner's global article popping out in April, I concept it would be a laugh to provide away a few subscriptions to the mag as prizes for the 5K!

i'll have a drawing open to absolutely everyone who completes the virtual 5K and submits effects at the form i'll publish day after today night. i'll draw three names (thru Random.org; your finish time doesn't have any impact to your access) and supply absolutely everyone a one-yr subscription to Runner's global :)

the day past became Sarah's birthday--she's my friend that lives in Arizona. We grew up two homes other than each different, and we were born just three days aside. we have been fine pals seeing that we ought to talk! I referred to as her the day gone by to inform her happy birthday, and chit chat a chunk. She had an first-rate notion for our birthdays subsequent yr...

She cautioned that we do the P.F. Chang's Rock & Roll half of-Marathon collectively in Phoenix. She lives in Phoenix, and i have been trying to exit and visit her besides (i've most effective been there once, for her wedding ceremony). The race is on January 18th; her birthday is the twenty second; and mine is the 25th, so the timing is perfect. She's in no way finished a 1/2-marathon, and she'd want to, so it is going to be a whole lot of fun to do it together!

speaking of first races, Thomas shared this video known as Marathon venture, and it changed into so inspiring! it's approximately 12 inactive, everyday humans that begin running, and educate collectively to run the Boston Marathon (for a charity, so that they did not should qualify). at the same time as I do not think it is a good idea for definitely inactive people to goal for a marathon proper off the bat (a number of them wound up injured), it become without a doubt inspiring to look at.

The elements that I definitely appreciated have been that it defined the science behind what jogging does in your body, and the way it improves your fitness. It made me sense honestly correct to recognise the specific, useful matters that are occurring in my body when I run. The video showed exactly what modifications were happening inside the frame because the runners got in addition into schooling.

The video is just over 50 minutes lengthy, and it is completely worth looking (whether or not you're a runner or now not). i like looking human beings accomplish something they never imagined they could do. Have tissues equipped at the stop of the video ;)

the next day night time, i'll put up remaining-minute virtual 5K stuff for Saturday. If the climate cooperates, I plan to do a run/stroll with my youngsters. in any other case, I can be doing the treadmill :/ There are 567 people signed up proper now!