Snowy Winers and Family Christmas

Jumat, 17 Juni 2016

Snowy Winers and Family Christmas

thanks all a lot for the remarks on the day gone by's publish! I understand Mark will feel very unique to get lots of playing cards. he is having a biopsy the next day, and when we get the results from that, we ought to realize more about his diagnosis, and his alternatives as far as making him comfy. (If you haven't examine the day prior to this's put up about Mark, please do!)
We got a TON of snow the day prior to this. It snowed tough all day long. I shoveled the driveway some instances, and i'm quite sore from it nowadays! My wine membership meeting turned into last night, at Jessica's residence, and i used to be concerned about riding there. i am a quite fearful driver in terrible climate, and that i even had my mom force me to the submit workplace to hire the P.O. container yesterday (my Jeep doesn't handle the snow very well at all). i was so relieved whilst Stephanie despatched me a text asking me if I wanted her to select me up, because my house is on the way from her residence to Jessica's.

I took out the adorable suede coat that i'd sold at a storage sale more than one years ago, and bundled up in that before heading out into the snow for Winers. i love the hood of this coat, as it has a TON of fake fur.


Stephanie picked me up right as Jerry got domestic from work, and she or he surprised me with a bottle of my favorite wine--Kendall Jackson Merlot! She stated it turned into for pacing her all through the Monroe 1/2-Marathon. absolutely unnecessary, but i'm excited to drink it :)  She also gave me a jar of her county-fair-award-prevailing strawberry jam--yum!

Christmas Winers is continually a laugh, due to the fact we do a white elephant present change. It turned into a laugh to peer everybody, due to the fact i have never been going to Winers each month. i am happy Steph drove me, because in any other case I may also have sponsored out because of the snow-blanketed roads!

Traditional group photo

Jessica, Steph, me, and Renee... a few of my favorite friends/running buddies!
I had a small taste of each wine, totaling approximately 6 oz., for five PointsPlus. I didn't eat any sincerely Filling food at the same time as i used to be there, but I spent a few weekly PointsPlus on some treats. I had a rum ball, a small shortbread cookie, a couple of bites of ginger-walnut bark, and more than one bites of eggnog cake. The shortbread cookie turned into exceptional!

I stayed on the right track with in reality Filling, and it wasn't as difficult as I thought. I ate the things I wanted, understanding i might must depend them towards my weekly PointsPlus, however I simply had a small quantity and felt accurate approximately it. My meals log from yesterday:


Breakfast: Peppermint Patty protein shake
Lunch: Quinoa with spinach, feta, garlic, and chook; marinated cucumbers
Snack: mild English muffin with peanut butter (5 PP)
Dinner: Keema with brown rice
Snack (at Winers): 6 ounces. wine (the wine photograph turned into from the day before, however I forgot to take photographs at Winers); rum ball, cookie, couple bites of eggnog cake, couple bites of ginger-walnut bark

After Stephanie dropped me off at home, I saw that Jerry left a message for me in the snow:


He had taken inexperienced meals coloring and water, put it in a spray bottle, and sprayed "i like YOU". i like it when he does stuff like that! :)

nowadays turned into my circle of relatives's Christmas birthday party at my dad and mom' house. This might be the hardest day of the year for me to eat nicely and stay on target. anyone brings clearly yummy food, and rather than sitting down for a meal, anybody just snacks the complete time. there was buffalo dip, buffalo mac & cheese, a baked potato bar, soups, chips and dip, and all varieties of things to eat. I ate some (genuinely Filling pleasant) leftover keema and brown rice simply earlier than absolutely everyone were given there, so that I would not be tempted to move way off plan. I did have a chunk of German Chocolate the other way up Cake that my mom made. It was SO appropriate.

It turned into a small piece, so I counted it as 5 PointsPlus. throughout the relaxation of the day, i finished up consuming another piece and a 1/2, so I counted 13 PP. I stayed far from everything else, except for a couple of chocolate included cookies (very tiny, I guessed 2 PP each). For dinner, I had added over lentil chili (which is in reality Filling), so the only PointsPlus I spent these days had been at the cake and cookies. i am clearly glad with how I did, considering the situations!

It was quality to look my aunts, uncles, and cousins nowadays, because it looks as if we most effective see every different a few times a yr in recent times. We did a white elephant gift change, which become a laugh. once everyone left the birthday celebration, we did our personal gift change with my dad and mom; my sister, Jeanie; her husband, Shawn; my brother, Brian; his fiancé, Becky (yes, they simply got engaged!); my little brother, Nathan; and of path, Jerry, Noah, Eli, and me.


I got more than one walking shirts (including below Armour cold gear, which i'm able to absolutely use right now!), a gift card, a few bath & body Works stuff, and a few stinky-good stuff for my house.

a little while later, Noah known as me into the kitchen and surpassed me something wrapped in tissue paper. when I opened it, it changed into $5 (some of his Christmas money from my sister). He said it became because he were given a lot more items than I did. Of path I gave it again to him, and i told him that I were given quite a few stuff, it turned into simply wrapped up collectively in place of in my opinion. he is such a candy boy!

once we opened presents, we watched Spaceballs (an old circle of relatives favored film) for a bit at the same time as, but i used to be feeling top notch worn-out, so we left midway through. i was loss of life to get into my pajamas! I hadn't deliberate to put in writing today, however I simply had a lot to put in writing about. recall, tomorrow is Motivational Monday, so when you have a image of a health/health accomplishment that you need to share, you may email it to me at SlimKatie (at) runsforcookies (dot) com, problem "Motivational Monday", together with a brief description, and i may also consist of it on the following day's submit!

i'm extremely good worn-out, and not going to proofread this... g'night time!