Dreary day

Sabtu, 18 Juni 2016

Dreary day

these days become the dreariest day ever. It rained all day long, melting the snow in order that the snow got all grey and slushy, and it turned into truely foggy outdoor. naturally, it'd happen to be my long run day, giving me the torturous choice of whether to run outside or at the treadmill.


once I were given the men off to highschool, I procrastinated for a bit, after which finally decided I needed to get it completed. I went outdoor just long enough to throw the cat clutter in the trash, and decided that it become sincerely a treadmill day. walking through slush is extra difficult than jogging on ice or snow! So I picked a brand new show on Hulu to look at for the next hour and forty minutes or so. It became a display called Twisted, a teenager homicide-mystery that I hoped might maintain me interested thru 11 miles.

I used my foot pod, for the reason that Garmin became so inaccurate when I used it at the treadmill. My sister despatched me a link to a piece of writing that explains approximately the issue--the Garmin 620 and 220 aren't intended for use indoor with out a foot pod after all. Garmin didn't make that very clear of their description of the watch, and quite a few people (consisting of me) have been disenchanted/stressed with the aid of it. The cause of the accelerometer internal of the chest strap is simply to degree cadence (steps according to minute), oscillation (jump), and ground touch time. It does now not come up with tempo or distance, which is why the foot pod is required. here's a link to the article.

I set the treadmill at 6.four mph and attempted to overlook i used to be jogging (haha). at the beginning, the time turned into just crawling with the aid of, specially due to the fact I wasn't that interested by the show i used to be looking. I felt simply first-rate bodily, though, so I knew i might be mad at myself if I stop just due to the fact I could not cope with the mental a part of treadmill walking.

I ran at 6.four until the last mile, when I bumped up the rate through 0.1 mph every minute till i was accomplished. the second one episode of Twisted finished proper as i used to be finishing my run, so it turned into perfect timing.

After my run, I had to cross get multiple groceries, and at the same time as i was at the store, I picked out a long run treat: ice cream! I were given a tiny box of Haagen Dazs dulce de leche. I used to love this ice cream; I forgot simply how proper it's far! The field is pathetically small, even though--3.6 fluid ounces--for 240 energy.


these days was the lads' closing day of college before Christmas ruin. they may be off college now for two weeks! For the beyond couple of years, I took them to a day camp at an ice area for the duration of their spoil, but they aren't doing the camp this 12 months. The kids are so dissatisfied. we'll should provide you with a few creative activities for the subsequent couple of weeks.

My mom went to visit Mark today, and she sent me this image of him:


She stated that he was having a blast while handing out sweet to all of the nurses :)  i'm hoping that Jerry and i could be able to go go to him tomorrow. as long as Mark does not have any trying out or some thing taking place, we will go see him within the afternoon, and i will convey him some more playing cards.

It clearly does not feel like a Friday night time... maybe because I do not have my pajamas on before 6 pm? Hahaha, I think Jerry and i are going to have a date night tonight, due to the fact the lads are at my dad and mom' residence!