Birthday cake

Jumat, 24 Juni 2016

Birthday cake

these days became a relaxation day, however it become far from restful. the next day is Eli's birthday party, and he made a remaining-minute request for his cake. He had been pronouncing that he desired a cookie cake adorned like a bowling ball (his birthday celebration is at the bowling alley), and given that I did the same thing for Noah's birthday, it turned into pretty easy. I had planned to buy the stuff and make it today.

closing night time over dinner, however, Eli determined that he wanted to have a fishing cake alternatively. I attempted to think of a simple way of doing it, and determined we'd buy a 1/4 sheet cake with blue frosting (to seem like water). We should buy a toy boat, and put a fisherman in there, and positioned Swedish Fish in the "water" around the boat.

Jerry changed into running this morning, so the children and that i went in search of a toy boat. We couldn't locate one everywhere. We went to five different shops searching out a boat, and came up empty-handed. on the ultimate keep we had been at, we did not find any toy boats, but I had an idea to head study the aquarium/fish resources, because I thought maybe that they had have a ship for aquarium decor. It grew to become out that they did not; however they did have a bunch of cool SpongeBob stuff, and Eli sincerely appreciated that.

We sold some matters, and then went to Kroger to see if we should order the cake. at the manner there, Eli requested if we ought to make his cake instead of purchase it, and i was thrilled with that idea ($4 in place of $20). The SpongeBob stuff was pretty steeply-priced, so making the cake as a minimum stored a touch cash. He selected a devil's food cake with white frosting (to coloration with blue food coloring).

when we got home, we went right to work. All things taken into consideration (i'm a terrible baker!), the cake grew to become out quite cute!


Eli was happy with it, which is really all that matters ;)


i have never written a great deal approximately my binge-free streak, because there honestly isn't always an awful lot to put in writing. i'm doing certainly well! And the high-quality component is, i am now not concerned approximately it, obsessing over it, or maybe thinking about it lots. After reading mind Over Binge, all of my binge conduct made a lot feel.

I continually used to go through each day nearly expecting the moment i would binge. It became by no means a count of "if", but "whilst". I simply assumed it changed into a part of who i am, and that it changed into something i would continually must cope with. After reading mind Over Binge, I learned that the way i used to be thinking about it was clearly making it worse. It had end up a habit ingrained in my mind.

i am not doing "intuitive eating", due to the fact that makes me obsessive--constantly thinking if i am hungry, if i'm happy, what I really need most, etc. That by no means worked for me. as an alternative, i'm just no longer giving my food lots concept in any respect--I consume my normal meals and snacks, and that i simply make certain I take (and devour) a "everyday" sized portion. i have not even had to use my Kitchen safe, and i've sold numerous of my "trigger" foods with out incident.

the day before today, I felt so regular at dinner. First, while we have been visiting Mark, I wasn't giving dinner a unmarried thought. i used to be used to always considering my next meal, specifically if we have been going out to a restaurant. however I failed to hurry although our visit, despite the fact that i was ravenous. at the restaurant, while the server placed chips and salsa on our desk, I did not have the ever-consistent conflict in my head about whether or not I have to consume the chips or now not, and if I do, how many, etc. I ate some of them, however in general, i was distracted from the chips by having verbal exchange with Jerry. normally, it's the alternative way round--i've a hard time that specialize in communication, due to the fact i am thinking about the chips. Does that make sense? Am I the handiest one that has that hassle?!

besides, the day gone by's dinner made me feel simply excited about all this. It gives me hope that i can break out from thinking about meals all the time. I do not must try to distract myself from the meals, like I constantly felt like i used to be doing before. I simply don't provide plenty idea to it at all.

My weight hasn't budged in weeks now, and i am glad with that. yes, I desire i used to be retaining approximately 7 kilos much less than i am (i have been at a hundred and forty), however if i'm able to preserve my weight and forestall worrying about meals/weight all of the time, i'll happily take one hundred forty ;)

I nevertheless do not experience at ease announcing that that is it--the e-book completely changed my lifestyles and i am cured from binge consuming. i am no longer positive at what point i'll be able to mention that. however the ebook, as simple of an concept as it is, truely made something click on for me. i am doing without a doubt nicely with it, and i'm very glad with the adjustments i am seeing (and feeling)!