Teaser video

Selasa, 21 Juni 2016

Teaser video

On Friday evening, when we had gotten home from traveling Mark, Jerry and that i have been sitting around and chatting within the dwelling room. Eli came as much as me and surpassed me a note that become all folded up. He does this from time to time while he desires to question me if we are able to exit for ice cream, or walk to the corner store. As soon as I took the be aware, i was already contemplating how i used to be going to inform him no, we are now not going out for ice cream these days.

I opened up it, and changed into surprised by way of what his word definitely said:



I asked him why he wanted to head see Mark, and he said because he truly liked visiting him. I saved thinking there had to be an ulterior reason, but Eli said that it made him sense excellent, he simply wasn't positive why. My dad become making plans to head go to Mark the day gone by, so Eli ended up going along side him. i am simply so proud that he is aware how vital it is for us to visit, and that it makes him sense appropriate to move see Mark. he is any such sweet child.



today become presupposed to be my speed paintings day, however the notion of walking repeats at the treadmill become dreadful. And due to the fact that one of my desires for 2014 is to try to experience the whole lot, I determined that i was going to do the other of speed work these days. It became snowing truly difficult--big, fats, wet snow--and the plows hadn't even been out. The temp become approximately 30, which sounded amazing for a leisurely, snowy run!

I wore my Garmin, but quickly gave up on it, because I decided to prevent and take masses of images along the manner. also, I encountered now not one, however four unleashed dogs (not at the equal time) who ran up and jumped on me, so I had to look ahead to the proprietors to put on their coats and shoes and come get their puppies. going for walks at the sincerely wet snow was plenty more difficult than I predicted, even at the same time as carrying my IceSpikes. The IceSpikes paintings top notch on ice and packed snow, but the actually wet, loose snow is hard to run on.



I obviously wasn't worried about pace at all; I just wanted to run for enjoyment and see how pretty everything was! 





isn't that fabulous? I most effective ended up running a bit over  miles, because my ankles had been simply getting pretty tired from retaining my stability. I failed to comprehend how tiring it'd be, but it felt just like walking in sand--you know that heavy feeling? i was pleasantly amazed to see I burned approximately 107 energy according to mile, despite the fact that my tempo changed into very gradual! typically I burn among eighty-ninety. i am positive it's because i was running so hard to run/hike via the snow.



right across the time this publish goes stay, it'll were precisely 12 months considering my From fat to finish Line Ragnar Relay crew crossed the end line in Key West. It absolutely does not experience like it is been that long! if you've been following my blog for a while, you then know that everything become filmed for an inspirational documentary. one of the manufacturers, Angela, put together a short teaser video, and after I watched it, it got the tears rolling for sure!

when you watch this, hold in thoughts that everyone on our group had been notably heavier sooner or later (our crew lost a collective 1200 pounds), and none folks ever dreamed we might be runners at some point!

i've possibly watched it eight times, and i nonetheless cry each time ;)  I just feel like i am bursting with satisfaction for everyone on that group, and how difficult that they had labored to get there. Seeing how emotional this short clip made me, I can not even consider looking the whole film! (The manufacturers/movie team are nevertheless working difficult on editing the video, and they're hoping that it will be ready for screening with the aid of spring).

in case you overlooked yesterday's submit approximately the Runs for Cookies virtual 5K the day prior to this, make sure you take a look at it out and join up to run or walk "with" me on my birthday! :)

And keep in mind, tomorrow is Motivational Monday! if you have a picture of a fitness/fitness accomplishment you would like to proportion, you may email it to me at SlimKatie (at) runsforcookies (dot) com with the difficulty "Motivational Monday" and a brief description. I can also include it on the next day's blog post!