Week 25 Weigh-in (and a recap of my goal weight history)

Minggu, 12 Juni 2016

Week 25 Weigh-in (and a recap of my goal weight history)

these days marks 25 weeks in view that I commenced calorie counting. I reached protection 10 weeks ago, when I hit my purpose weight of 133. i have never been actively looking to lose more weight, but i love having a cushion underneath my goal, in order that if i have an indulgent weekend or holiday, I may not get on the scale to look that i am 5 pounds over my goal weight. This week, I (accidentally) hit a couple of big milestones:


I weighed in at 125. 100 twenty-5 pounds!! which means that i've now misplaced 128 kilos--and i'm less than half my starting weight :)

while i used to be a teenager, and young adult, I continually predicted my purpose weight to be a hundred twenty five. It simply appeared like the perfect quantity. As I got older (and heavier) I realized that it just wasn't practical. when i was dropping the burden in 2009-2010, i was aiming first for 185, after which one hundred sixty. sooner or later a hundred and fifty.  once I hit 149, i was ecstatic, because I had in no way before seen the a hundred and forty's. the subsequent big milestone turned into the one hundred thirty's--i am pretty positive my jaw hit the floor the day I noticed 139. after I reached that weight, I imagined how incredible it'd be to hit now not just 129, but 126.five, to say that i was "1/2 my length".

In overdue 2010, I saw 127.five on the dimensions sooner or later, however that turned into the nearest I ever got to being half my size. I had a broken jaw at the time, and become living off of smoothies, so it was quick-lived. As soon because the wires got here off my jaw, I won lower back 10 kilos right now. My weight stayed usually between one hundred forty-150 for 2011 and 2012. within the fall of 2012, I reached 156, and changed into horrified--so I joined Weight Watchers, and gave the PointsPlus plan a strive. I set a new intention weight of 133, and noticeably, I virtually reached that purpose on 12-12-12.

I maintained that weight for approximately a year, after which I became a huge disturbing mess, and received 27 kilos lower back from emotional ingesting. I tried doing Weight Watchers, but I simply become no longer losing like I had before. i used to be depressing, even though I attempted my first-rate to be satisfied at that length.

In August 2015, I switched gears from Weight Watchers to calorie counting. And the weight commenced melting off, faster than it had with Weight Watchers. I nevertheless have no idea how it came off so effortlessly! I took a much less strict approach, wherein I did not have a calorie goal for the day, and that helped me highly. I found out to be kinder to myself, and that ingesting extra than normal someday didn't suggest i would failed. I found out to stability my energy out.

On November 25, simply 15 weeks when I started calorie counting, I had dropped the ones 27 pounds and turned into lower back at my purpose weight of 133! For these ultimate 10 weeks of preservation, i have never genuinely been doing something otherwise than I did to lose the burden. i've been eating a touch greater than i used to be while i was actively looking to lose, however as I said, I do not have a calorie goal. i have been paying numerous interest to my body's cues, and even if I do not continually obey them, i'm a whole lot extra aware of my starvation and satiety.

anyway, back to latest weigh in... I by some means dropped 3 kilos this week, after weighing in at 128 for the final three weeks in a row. My energy were a touch less than typical, a median of 1,703 in line with day. I determined to take my measurements (complete frame, not simply waist) and body fat percent today, too, seeing that i'm now 8 pounds below my goal. My frame fat is nineteen%, which i am pleased with. My waist is now 24.75"--my waist has never been this small! I in comparison cutting-edge measurements with my starting measurements:
sort of loopy, proper?! when I used to measure my abdomen, it was very apparent where I had to put the tape measure, because it become the biggest circumference of my body--however these days, i used to be simply form of looking in the reflect like, "where do I placed the tape degree?"

I did superb with all 3 dreams this week:


I got in 7,000+ steps all 7 days; remained binge-free; and I tried two new recipes. One was for peanut butter bars, for my birthday dessert (I chose this instead of cake):


I wish I should say they have been high-quality, but had been a bit bland--i'd have liked extra peanut butter taste. They gave me a awful stomachache, too, so I won't be making them again. you know i like chocolate and peanut butter, so for me to no longer revel in those turned into sort of stunning.

the opposite recipe I attempted become for One Pot Chili Mac & Cheese, which became scrumptious! in particular with sour cream stirred in. (The recipe said four servings, however I doubled the recipe and were given 11 beneficiant servings out of it. I also used floor turkey breast rather than pork, simply because we like turkey higher.) The entire own family loved this.


I accompanied the eighty/20 running plan all week, and learned that i'm simply not cut out to run each day. the day prior to this, i was experiencing all of the traditional signs of overtraining. So, I have to scale it back. i am going to follow the previous plan i was doing, because it nevertheless fits into the eighty/20 ratio of clean walking to difficult jogging (and it was working so properly!); it's simply much less mileage overall. i'll write extra about all that later. anyway, here is a recap of this week's runs:




Clearly, I am super excited about this week's weigh-in. I never intended to get to 125, but it somehow happened, so I'm not complaining. Hopefully this will help me hit my 10K goal in April!