Motivational Monday #48

Kamis, 23 Juni 2016

Motivational Monday #48

glad Motivational Monday! It changed into so hard to get returned in the swing of things with the youngsters going back to highschool today, but it become exceptional to have some peace and quiet this morning. I sat with a cup of tea and watched an entire display on television with out getting interrupted... peculiar! ;)

i have had a tremendous week: staying binge-unfastened, ingesting thoroughly, getting my runs in (despite the fact that my energy feels zapped), and the day gone by, i used to be quite proud after I jumped on that field at the rec middle. i am hoping for every week similar to it, and today became off to a terrific start.

right here are a few readers' accomplishments for some Monday motivation...

Laurel just finished Goofy's Race and a half of venture at Disney global--a half-marathon on Saturday, and a complete marathon on Sunday--a total of 39.three miles! This race turned into especially enormous for her, because she attempted to run it remaining yr, and was "swept" (eliminated from the path) at some point of the marathon. She hadn't skilled nicely, however absolutely found out what to expect for this year. She trained hard all fall, and at the side of her husband, she did it! (Laurel's race document)



last January, Martha heard about a undertaking at her weight loss middle (after losing forty pounds!) and decided to join in. The intention? to complete a mile (or extra) a day, every day, for a yr. She never without a doubt idea she'd make it past the primary month, however she saved going... despite having some busy days and weeks, a few colds, loopy weather, and even a kidney infection, Martha controlled to get in her mile. each. single. Day. today, she celebrated 12 months on her streak! inside the intervening time, she's lost 60 extra kilos, bringing her total to 100 pounds misplaced. i'm superb excited that i'm going to be meeting up with Martha in character in April, due to the fact she is on my Ragnar SoCal group :)  (Martha's weblog put up about the streak)


Amanda simply finished her first Disney race this weekend--the Minnie 10K! Disney has a minimal tempo requirement of 16:00/mi, and if you are not capable of maintain that pace, then you definately are "swept" from the course. In February 2012, Amanda became at mile five of the Disney Princess half of-Marathon while she was swept. That made her extra-decided to complete this 10K, and she trained tough for it. She changed into very frightened going into it, but she maintained a good pace and completed the race! Now that she's verified to herself that she will be able to keep the tempo, she plans to tackle the Princess half of subsequent February as a redemption race from 2012. In searching returned at her 2012 race, she loves to think about this quote from Theodore Roosevelt: "it's miles tough to fail, however it is worse by no means to have attempted to prevail."



just 4 years in the past, Bergen weighed 320 kilos--she become additionally unhappy, beaten, and didn't consider in herself. She read "The Spark" e-book, and began to take small steps towards dropping the load and being healthier. In July 2012, at 260 kilos, she started the sofa to 5K program. She persisted to run, and simply ran her first complete marathon! It simply wasn't clean for her, but she had a mantra. here is what she wrote in her email:
"'This isn’t tough, being 320 kilos was tough!'. It’s true. As difficult as walking the previous couple of miles of a marathon was, it became hard it a manner that made me experience alive. It was difficult in a manner that showed me what i was able to. It was difficult in a manner that made me feel absolutely in touch with my frame. whilst i was 320 pounds, it harm a lot to stay with that weight every day, and but, i used to be additionally so numb internal. the day gone by, what I experienced the last few miles of my marathon felt just like the absolute polar contrary of that. the other component that surely pulled me via the previous few miles turned into looking down at my wrist due to the fact I wore the forestall watch that I used when I started out sofa to 5k and bracelets my daughters made me. looking at my wrist reminded me of the way some distance I’ve come and who i used to be doing this for.
Crossing the finish line, looking up and seeing my family cheering for me was notable! I cried. They placed a steel around my neck and i used to be happy with myself! sometimes i have a hard time being pleased with myself and seeing how a ways i've come, however yesterday I felt like i was going to burst with delight!"
Bergen shared her tale on the podcast 1/2 size Me (episode 87).



Allison has not simplest misplaced over 100 pounds, she also simply finished her first half of-marathon! Her daughter ran her second 5K, and she or he and her son ran the 1/2-marathon together. She's been strolling for two years now, and her son wanted to begin running together with her. At seven years old, he ran his first 5K final 12 months, a 10K within the spring, and then begged to do a half-marathon with his mom. they had a remarkable race! Allison said her preferred factor is to live in shape with her children.