Goals for 2016

Jumat, 03 Juni 2016

Goals for 2016

happy New yr! i'm am welcoming 2016 with open palms and an open mind. The past couple of years had been tough for me in such a lot of aspects of my existence--a few matters that i've shared on my blog, and some things that i have no longer. whilst there had been a number of brilliant matters that occurred in 2015, i'm glad that the 12 months is over, and i absolutely sit up for what 2016 has in store.

I understand that New 12 months's resolutions are cliche, and the chance of really sticking to them is slender; but as a purpose-setter, there is some thing so a laugh approximately starting the new yr with a easy slate. i really like to write down dreams for the new year!

final year, I had the following dreams:

-Run the Detroit free Press Marathon
-Run a half of-marathon every month
-reduce out most processed foods
-No ice cream at home

in view that 2015 ended up being "the year of the in no way-finishing pressure fracture injury", I wasn't in a position to finish my running dreams. In reality, I clearly needed to drop out of several races that i might registered for due to my stress fracture.

I started out the 12 months very well with reducing out processed foods. however, I received several kilos even as i used to be ingesting "clean", and i had simply hoped that i would have been capable of shed pounds. i have experimented several times over time with easy eating, and it simply would not work well for me--physically, i have a tough time with weight loss; and mentally, i am simply not glad. So, when I started out counting calories in August, I didn't make any meals off limits, and i ate some thing I wanted at the same time as counting the calories. i'm lots happier, and i used to be capable of get backtrack to my goal weight as an alternative quickly that way. So, at the same time as I failed at my intention of cutting out processed meals, i'm satisfied with the manner it worked out.

I did stay with the "No ice cream at home" goal, although (as a minimum from what I don't forget). If I did have ice cream here, it was from a single serving container, so there wasn't any sitting within the freezer. most of the time, though, if I wanted to eat ice cream, i might go out and eat it.

I wager one out of 4 desires is pretty right! The going for walks goals have been out of my palms, due to the harm. If I hadn't gotten injured, I in all likelihood could have met the ones.

Now, directly to 2016...

i have been questioning difficult about this, and here is what I came up with:

-cook one new recipe each week. i have already created a Pinterest board with 52 recipes, so i'm able to pick out one each week to try. They aren't all "healthy" recipes--just ingredients that sounded precise and i wanted to attempt.

-Get in 7,000+ steps in line with day, for as a minimum six days in step with week. i am the use of an app referred to as Momentum on my smartphone to music this. On the times that I run, it need to be pretty smooth; however on my relaxation days, going in 7,000 steps is difficult!

-keep my binge-free streak. presently, i'm one hundred fifty days binge-loose!


-Do my first-class to PR my 10K. If now not in the spring, then i will try once more in the fall. it'll be the maximum hard purpose i have ever set for myself, however i'm willing to paintings tough to do it. I won't be disillusioned if I don't in reality set a brand new PR as long as I strive my great. I do not want to appearance lower back thinking that I ought to have carried out it if I had given a touch extra attempt at some point of training.

-in the end, I need to keep a weight of 135 pounds or less. i've been doing well with renovation for the past month, staying among one hundred thirty-133, so i'm happy with that. If I should do it thru the holidays, i can simply maintain to do it. summer time is the maximum challenging time of year for me, so once more, i will do my best.

So, there they may be, in black and white--my goals for 2016. I do not have some thing status in my manner right now (accidents, extra weight, and many others), so i'm searching ahead to running on my desires! anyone else have dreams for the new year?