Week 22 Weigh-in (Eeek!)

Rabu, 08 Juni 2016

Week 22 Weigh-in (Eeek!)

a few quite thrilling information to share today! :) For the first time EVER on Runs for Cookies (which I commenced in April 2011), my "respectable" Wednesday Weigh-in weight was in the one hundred twenty's...


I don't have any idea what my frame was thinking this week, however I dropped three kilos when you consider that final week, leaving me at 128! I did my frame fats percent and waist dimension as well, because it's been a while and my weight has changed approximately five pounds in the meantime. frame fat changed into 20.1%, and waist size turned into 25 inches. this is the smallest my waist has ever been. The ultimate time i was at this weight (for a short second in 2010), I hadn't gotten my skin elimination surgical operation yet. My frame is looking very distinct now--in an amazing way :)

at the same time as my reputable "purpose weight" is 133 pounds, i'm glad to be under that weight and feature a cushion--this way, if I overindulge a chunk, i will nonetheless stay underneath my purpose. additionally, because I set a totally lofty intention of PR'ing my 10K this spring, the extra weight reduction will honestly help with my jogging speed. here's a chart from RunnersWorld.com that shows a rough estimate of how a good deal faster you can run with a chunk of weight reduction:


I wasn't always seeking to lose weight this week, however my energy had been a bit less than the beyond few weeks. My average daily calorie intake became 1,620. I failed to absolutely do whatever very in another way, so i'm now not certain why the large weight reduction, however i am glad with it.

The component this is most exciting for me, however, is that i'm lower back to being a hundred twenty five kilos down from my starting weight! after I to begin with lost 125 pounds, the remaining 10 of it turned into when my jaw turned into damaged (in November-December 2010). My jaws had been stressed shut, so I had to stay off of a liquid weight-reduction plan (a ton of smoothies!), and i'm pretty sure this is how I were given down to 128. i was best in the 120's for a week or so before I may want to consume strong meals again and that i gained 10 kilos back nearly right away. I simply looked at my old weigh-in log, and here it's far:

So, at the same time as I technically lost one hundred twenty five kilos in 16 months back then, it was quick-lived. these days, but, i'm able to say that i'm a hundred twenty five pounds down from my 253-pound beginning weight in August 2009! i'm SO glad to be lower back thus far. i was thrilled to get to 133, which is my intention weight, however like I stated, a touch cushion is excellent. whilst i was at this weight earlier than, i used to be hoping to get to 126.five, due to the fact that would be precisely half of of my beginning weight--I always idea it might be so cool to say that i used to be half of my length! i'm no longer precisely aiming for that range now, however I honestly may not be upset if I see it ;)

I did well on my new year's goals again this week:

Step purpose: My intention is to get in 7,000+ steps per day for at least six days per week, and i did that every day besides for Monday.

Binge-free streak: nevertheless going sturdy! today is Day 162. I did war lots with binge mind this week, however i have been working hard to triumph over them. operating on a puzzle at night time has been the most useful--the time flies by using, and i clearly don't even need to be "afflicted" to stop to devour! My returned hurts once I do puzzles for very lengthy, so I attempt to trade it up. some thing else that i've been doing is taking Joey for a quick stroll across the community (one mile) if i am feeling like bingeing.

Recipes: My aim is to prepare dinner one new recipe in keeping with week, and i published about this week's recipe the day gone by.

For a few motive, my anxiety has been extremely excessive this week. i have generalized tension sickness, so I don't worry approximately one particular component; I simply have a constant feeling of dread/worry that makes it tough to attention on anything else. i've noticed that what works the first-class to ease it, even better than a Xanax, is when I nail a hard run. Thursday's run stored me feeling great for a couple of days! and then the day prior to this, while my tension turned into terrible again, i was talking to Jerry approximately it. As i was speaking, and telling him how terrible I felt about the run, I realized that i might likely feel better if I "re-did" my run that i would stop in advance... and so I did. and i felt 1,000,000 times better.

For such a lot of years (during my young adults and 1920s), my tension changed into sincerely secondary to melancholy; however for the past few years, it's been tension this is the dominant trouble. Now that i have observed a correlation between an awesome, hard run and easing my tension, i am going to try to use that to my gain. Having a difficult intention to hit after which surely achieving it offers me a nice "high" feeling that overrides the anxiety, at least quickly. the next day, i have another hard run at the schedule--12 x 60 seconds at quicker than race tempo. i am going to try to push the pace tough for the ones intervals, due to the fact they're so quick. And no, I might not be drinking wine this night! ;) haha

anyway, i'm SO very excited to be backtrack to this weight--I honestly in no way thought i might see it once more, nor did I even try and get here again. Calorie counting is operating out so well for me!