2016 Runs for Cookies Virtual 5K Sign-Up

Senin, 06 Juni 2016

2016 Runs for Cookies Virtual 5K Sign-Up

Introducing...


ultimately! No, I did no longer forget about about the yearly digital 5K. I just stored procrastinating working on the bib, t-blouse logo, and social media logo stuff (because i'm now not exact at such things as that, and it takes all the time to make the tiniest trade--like the date!). anyway, i used to be unwell on Sunday, so I subsequently didn't have any excuses, and that i were given it achieved. Sorry it took so long!

if you've been studying my blog for a yr or more, then you are acquainted with the once a year Runs for Cookies virtual 5K. it all began in 2013, once I turned 31. I wanted to do something amusing for my birthday, and you all understand i really like numbers--my thirty first birthday become also my "5K" birthday (5K= three.1 miles; three.1, 31... yeah, it made feel at the time. i used to be possibly drinking wine after I had the concept).

Random amusing fact: My birthday is on January 25th, and who may want to likely be a more amusing character to proportion it with than Steve Prefontaine?! I had no concept who he turned into till I have become a runner, however after watching the film Prefontaine (if you haven't seen it, you ought to!), I examine extra approximately him, and discovered that he, too, turned into born on January 25th. So, in case you do not need to run for me, then run for Pre! ;)



I idea that website hosting a virtual 5K could be an awesome way to rejoice 31 years... how cool wouldn't it be to run a 5K "with" hundreds of pals? The "race" is only for amusing--to keep it free, I don't offer medals or t-shirts or something like that. I just want as many humans as possible to decide to running or walking 3.1 miles with me on my birthday!

The event will take region on January 25th (as continually). This 12 months, it's a Monday. here's the way it works: 
1) sign up at the form underneath, to kingdom your dedication.
2) Any time you would like on January 25, run or walk three.1 miles.
3) PLEASE take a photograph to percentage! not required, however a lot fun to peer.
4) Fill out the "finisher's form", that allows you to be published on my blog that day (it'll ask for your finishing time--that is optionally available, however make sure you are taking be aware of it in case you need to proportion it).
5) (non-compulsory) upload your photo to social media the use of the hashtag #RfCVirtual5K, and/or put up it on my facebook page to share a touch approximately your run.

The element i love nice approximately the virtual 5K goes via all of the pix on social media and reading about others' stories--human beings walking or on foot in all special countries around the world, some strolling in snow, some strolling in warmth, a few using the treadmill or doing laps in their basements. it's very cool to look so many people acquire the identical goal in such a lot of unique ways!

Noah did it in 2013

Eli in 2013

i have a printable bib that you can put on (or not, it is as much as you). FYI, in case you print this at one hundred% (now not "healthy to web page") it will likely be a everyday "bib-length" and not a large 8-half of x 11 size.

i have a t-shirt emblem, if you want to use it to make your own t-blouse. This has a transparent heritage, so it's pleasant to use this emblem whilst printing a blouse; the alternative logos have white backgrounds.



subsequently, here is a "social media" brand, if you desired to share on social media that you may be doing the event. you can use hashtag #RfCVirtual5K if you'd like.

Sorry it took me so long to get this information up! subsequent 12 months, i'll intention to get it up quicker ;) when you have any questions, experience unfastened to go away a remark. in any other case, here is the sign-up shape beneath: