90-Day Dinner

Rabu, 13 April 2016

90-Day Dinner

I guess I spoke too quickly the day past once I said that i have continually felt very safe in our neighborhood. remaining night, my friend Andrea called me to tell me that there has been an tried infant abduction near my neighborhood (in the equal community that we determined Eli's motorbike). there has been a person in a white pick out-up truck pulling a camper with Ohio plates who apparently tried to get a boy to get in the truck to give him a ride. An person noticed what became going on and stepped in, and the person sped off. I don't know any of this for sure, however those are the information that i used to be told.

So I talked to my kids ultimate night time approximately it, and told them what to do if they see the truck. I informed them (another time) that they constantly need to stay together outside. I failed to need to scare them, however Noah turned into worried about it when he went to mattress. youngsters shouldn't should fear approximately that stuff! The entire scenario makes me unwell to even consider.

With my knee ache the day past, I decided that I really want to maintain doing strength training. i haven't completed a good deal since I finished the Wii active challenge. Pete's boot camp class truely kicked my ass closing week, so I decided to do it by myself with the circuit exercises in his book (basically the same issue we did at his class).

I went thru the complete 60-minute circuit, and it was very difficult! i used to be doing the newbie/week one circuit, and it surely gets gradually more difficult via the weeks. i am going to do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the weekdays that I do not run; and then i'll still have Saturday and Sunday for relaxation days. I wasn't certain how many WW points that would let me earn, however once I positioned the data in, I were given 10 factors. i used to be glad with that!

After my exercise, I went to Andrea's house for tea and chit-chat. I do not think we without a doubt talked all summer time, so it became satisfactory to catch up with her.


Jerry has been filling in as a supervisor at work loads thru the summer season, and he'll retain to achieve this for at least the following few months. because of that, we have been invited to a 90-day dinner--once employees reach the ninety-day mark after they're employed, they get to go out to dinner, and the corporation can pay for it. There also are a few supervisors that go, which is why Jerry become invited. And all and sundry can carry a date. The last one we went to turned into Jerry's 90-day dinner back in 2002!


i was excited to go, due to the fact I knew it'd be a number of fun, but i was fearful about staying on target with my eating. it is so difficult not to pig out when someone else is purchasing it ;)  I seemed up the menu on line of the area we're going, and it seemed like a seafood/steakhouse kind restaurant, mixed with a bar. Steak and heaps of fried ingredients, beer, and cakes. The agency let us order off the menu, in preference to getting a catered meal for the group, which changed into correct.

I determined that i would get cajun fashion salmon, with the vegetable of the day (green beans), salad with vinegar, and one piece of bread from the basket... plus 10 oz. of wine to drink. that could general 18 factors. As hard because it was, I determined now not to get dessert. I made the decision before I even left domestic, and i was determined to paste to it. I in all likelihood ought to have gotten dessert in preference to wine, but it's tough to govern myself when I eat dessert, so I suppose it'd were all over.

nicely, I wasn't so top at sticking to my plan. while we were given there, I ordered a tumbler of wine (which I consider changed into 5 oz). Then every other. and i ordered a third by the point it was time to move sit down on the tables (we had been on the bar). I ordered my salmon, like I had planned, but I wasn't relying on the appetizers being proper in front of my face the entire time that we waited for our meals! when Jerry wasn't searching (I advised him to look at out of for me performing like a pig), I stored taking nachos off of the plate. I possibly at about 10 nachos whilst we waited for our meals.

the ones have been the appetizers sitting in front of us for about 20 minutes!

as soon as our food got here, I ate some bites, and then gave the rest of my salmon to Jerry, because i was just too full. however after they got here round and asked approximately dessert, I ordered carrot cake (I swear, it turned into the wine speaking!). I ate about 3/4 of the carrot cake, despite the fact that i used to be quite full. So i ended up ingesting fifty two of 26 points today (the usage of 26 of my weekly factors). but I bet that is what they're there for, so with any luck I didn't screw up too terrible!

I must have caught with my plan, however i used to be nonetheless controlled sufficient to now not act like a complete pig. I left a few bites of carrot cake, and i only ate a few bites of my salmon. it is able to be worse... right? proper?!

On our way home, we noticed a couple of police cars that had pulled over the creeper within the truck! So with any luck, he may be long gone and we might not have to worry approximately him.

It changed into a excellent nighttime, however i'm kind of mad at myself for not sticking to my plan. but, i am not giving up! I had enough factors to cowl the crappy food I ate, so i am simply going to rely it and circulate on.


I almost forgot! The winner of the Muesli Fusion giveaway is:
Wendy, please e-mail me at SlimKatie (at) runsforcookies (dot) com with your shipping address so I can pass it along to the people at Muesli Fusion. Enjoy!