Veteran's Day

Senin, 25 April 2016

Veteran's Day

remaining night time, my kids stayed the night time at my dad and mom' house. Jerry changed into at work, and i had the residence to myself. i was in bed through nine:30 on a Saturday night time--absolutely lame!

This morning, I had a four mile easy run on my agenda, so I headed out of doors for that. It turned into appropriate in Michigan these days! Even early in the morning, it changed into fifty four degrees. I were given to go away my gloves at home. commonly, I don't listen to music whilst run (I decide on podcasts or talk radio), however I made a new playlist yesterday and listened to that. I felt truely proper throughout the run, and did it instead fast:
On Sundays, i like to get a number of cleansing done, so I spent a lot of the afternoon doing laundry. I did go to Wal-Mart for a pair of things, and that i went to Kroger to inventory up on the Peppermint Stick CLIF bars. that they had 10 bars left, so i bought all of them. I also got an Iced Gingerbread flavor and a Pumpkin Spice taste.

They had been on sale for $1 each, but they all rang up at $1.fifty nine. when I paid, I went to check the sign again, and that i knew i used to be accurate about the sale. So I went to the supervisor's table and ended up getting a reimbursement of fifty nine cents on every bar. top element i used to be paying attention!

once I got domestic, I attempted the Iced Gingerbread taste, and changed into straight away hooked. That one become simply as true as the Peppermint Stick! So it looks like i will be going lower back for greater of those, too. The expiration date is not until may additionally 2013.

i'm going to maintain this kind of brief, due to the fact i am very sleepy right now--I took a Xanax because my tension has been surely terrible for the beyond few days, and Xanax usually makes me worn-out.


Q. Do you follow any of those commonly advised weight loss rules: No eating after 8pm, drink a glass of water before each meal, eat of smaller plates, turn off the TV/computer while you eat, etc. If so, which ones work for you?

A. I truely locate that the less guidelines I ought to follow, the better I stay with my plan. i've located sure behavior that paintings for me, however I do not always have "rules" that I stick with. I constantly consume a bedtime snack (recently it's been wine and chocolate). I devour breakfast in front of the laptop whilst I test email, and i devour lunch in the front of the tv. I do devour dinner at the desk with my circle of relatives, however that's the only time I sit down on the eating desk.

I think the ones policies are all approaches of tricking your self into eating much less meals; however considering the fact that I measure out my food and matter the PointsPlus (or energy, in the past), i'm now not risking overeating. some behavior that i have gotten into have really helped, however: I usually drink a number of water all through the day, so that I in no way confuse thirst with starvation. I by no means bypass meals. and that i degree out my quantities.

I think the motive I dislike the weight-reduction plan "guidelines" that you point out are due to the fact they're constantly converting and conflicting. i like Dr. ozdearly, but watch his show for per week and also you study all sorts of specific guidelines that absolutely warfare with each other! So I just do what works for me, after trial and mistakes :)


I want to stop this with a large thank you to all of our veterans nowadays (and every day)! I wanted to jot down this publish all approximately my little brother Nathan, who joined the navy at 18, just after the September 11th assaults, and spent a few years in Iraq. however, he would no longer be very satisfied with me if I did that.
My brother surprised my mom at work when he was home on leave

i have a completely special area in my coronary heart for the young squaddies spending time in Iraq, because i've visible first-hand how much it modifications someone. those 18-year old children are despatched to war without the slightest concept of just how it will adjust their lives forever, and their jobs are to do matters that most of us can't even imagine doing.

i used to be looking to consider a way to specific my gratitude and care for those soldiers, and i determined that i would like to send some care packages for the vacations. I know that there are websites to "adopt" a solder, however i used to be hoping that some of my readers recognise a soldier who's going to be spending the vacations in Iraq--perhaps a spouse or a son or daughter.

if you recognise a soldier in Iraq proper now who you think may like a care bundle from my own family, please ship me an email with their delivery deal with, in addition to tell me a bit about them--anything you want to percentage. Eli could be very excited to draw a few pics to send as well :)  My email deal with is SlimKatie (at) runsforcookies (dot) com.
My boys, waiting for Uncle Nate to come home for GOOD :)