Reader Questions and Answers #25

Kamis, 14 April 2016

Reader Questions and Answers #25

On Sundays, i will solution some readers' questions in a put up. if you have a query which you would like me to answer here at the weblog, simply ship me an email with the situation "Q&A", and i may also consist of them in a future Q&A publish. They don't ought to be about weight reduction or strolling--whatever is recreation!  (recall, i'm now not a health practitioner or dietician, or any kind of scientific professional--i'm able to most effective solution questions from my very own experience).

Q. Since you look so beautiful now (the reader's words, not mine, haha), do you ever find yourself wanting to overspend money on clothes or jewelry or makeup because you feel "you deserve it?" I lost over 70 pounds and I find myself wanting to spend a lot on clothes and stuff that I could never wear before because I was so big. It's taking a toll on my budget and my marriage.

A fashionista, I am not.

A. first off, congrats in your weight loss! i will completely understand wanting to deal with yourself to new things. fortuitously, (or unfortunately, depending on the way you have a look at it), i've constantly been very thrifty, and a piece of a tightwad in terms of money. Even in excessive school, i purchased my clothes at thrift stores, and dropping the burden didn't surely alternate that. once I first got to my "purpose length" (I knew I did not want to get smaller than a length four, so when i was able to conveniently put on size 4, I felt i was at my aim length), I did move purchase pretty a bit of latest clothes.

but, I did my shopping at thrift shops and garage sales. I simply cannot consider myself spending $50 on a couple of denims that I ought to buy for a $1 at a storage sale! It takes a few hunting--sometimes I locate all sorts of outstanding deals and every now and then none at all. however, with all of that stated, i'm not a large fashionista. I truly couldn't care much less if I put on modern-day clothes or no longer.

I think if you surely experience clothes and add-ons, and you're excited to expose off your new body, then move for it! but you stated it is taking a toll to your budget and marriage, so you sincerely want to be careful. i would talk with your husband, allow him realize how a lot it method to you, and perhaps you each can work some new clothes into your price range.
Q. When you were overweight, did you ever worry that your kids would grow up to be too? Do you still worry about that now? My long time boyfriend and I have always been overweight, and I feel like our chance of raising non-overweight children are so small!

A. This changed into a huge worry of mine, even lengthy earlier than I had youngsters. i used to be teased certainly badly in fundamental faculty, and due to that, I had 0 self-self assurance all of the way into maturity. I knew I failed to need my future kids to experience that way, but I also failed to want them to develop up with disordered consuming conduct (specifically binge eating, like me).

The last component I wanted to do changed into make my youngsters worry approximately their weight, so I do not communicate about weight-reduction plan or energy or whatever like that with them. I usually allow my children make their personal choices about what they devour; but I maintain plenty of manage in that I do not buy lots of junk. We in no way have soda in our house, or maybe juice (water and milk are their options); we do not purchase chips or cookies or something like that until it is for a particular purpose (i would buy a bag of chips if we're cooking hamburgers on the grill, for example); we do not eat at eating places very frequently (perhaps once a month, and it's never rapid meals); and that i simplest let them purchase the school lunch once per week.
My boys run for cookies too ;)
My youngsters absolutely get their share of junk, however--when they spend the night time at my parents' residence, they drink soda, and my parents once in a while take them to Wendy's for lunch after church. My dad has a jar of sweet and he allows them to have a chunk or  while they come over. after I pass grocery purchasing, I normally buy them a deal with (a unmarried serving). at the event that we do go out to devour, I let them order what they want.

My device genuinely isn't always ideal, however it really works for my family; and my children are not overweight. i am not sure yet how i would manage it in the event that they emerge as obese in the future, but hopefully that might not be a hassle. The high-quality i can do is ready an amazing example for them, which I strive to do each day!



Q. You've mentioned listening to podcasts when you run.  What kind of podcasts do you listen to?  Are they fitness related? 

A. On my shorter runs, I don't deliver my iPod, however on genuinely long runs, I do take it to concentrate to podcasts. My favorite podcast is The Jillian Michaels Podcast, that's humorous because I sincerely disliked Jillian the entire time she turned into on the largest Loser. considering i have started paying attention to her display, but, i have absolutely modified my mind about her. She's enjoyable to pay attention to, and i have gotten some extremely good info from her.

another podcast that i lately discovered is known as half of size Me. it is by means of a girl named Heather, who has lost a hundred and seventy kilos. She talks about her maintenance, and she or he is a self-proclaimed achievement tale junkie (so am I)--so she interviews a number of humans who have misplaced a big quantity of weight. that's honestly how I first heard about the podcast--she invited me to take part in an interview! we've got already recorded it, and he or she stated it's going to probably move up on the podcast in November. (i was terrified to do a speak-interview! i am a lot better at writing than i'm speaking).

i have also recently observed Vinnie Tortorich (Angriest teacher); he is a non-public teacher who talks about distinctive fitness subjects. I locate the stories he tells very a laugh, and i really like that he's so honest about his thoughts. (simply FYI, he uses express language).

i love paying attention to fitness/weight loss podcasts due to the fact those subjects hobby me in regular life. however there are podcasts for pretty much every subject matter you can consider, so i would just search for a subject that pastimes you.




And now a question for all of you...
How did you spend the first day of fall (yesterday)?  It was cold and raining all day, so I truly enjoyed wearing sweats and curling up under a blanket in front of a Lifetime movie :)