13 pounds of candy

Jumat, 22 April 2016

13 pounds of candy

So Halloween closing night time turned into cold, but at least it stopped raining for the trick-or-treaters. I volunteered to head pick out my brother Brian up from the airport within the afternoon, and on the way domestic, we stopped at Kroger. I were given a bottle of wine to have a pitcher at the same time as we sat outside that night. Then we went to my mom's residence for dinner and to rejoice Mark's birthday before trick-or-treating.

I wasn't planning on consuming cake, however my mother made selfmade cupcakes with buttercream frosting, and i determined to devour one. I additionally planned on eating a variety of sweet--I had survived the complete season thus far with out a unmarried piece of Halloween sweet, and i had promised myself that I may want to devour as a whole lot as I desired on Halloween night.

After dinner, I needed to pressure Noah and Eli to satisfy up with Jerry, who became taking them trick-or-treating at his parents' house. Then I went back to my parents' house and sat out of doors near the hearth. My dad usually places copper within the hearth in order that it makes one-of-a-kind colorings even as it burns--it's certainly cooling looking, but the image doesn't do it justice:
you could see a little of the blue and purple there. The fire felt exquisite, as it turned into freezing out of doors. I introduced a protracted, heat wintry weather coat, gloves, and a hat, and i was still bloodless. i used to be consuming crimson wine, that you are imagined to drink at a warmer temp (about 60 levels, supply or take) and by the point i used to be midway through my glass, the wine had gotten too cold (of route I finished it besides!).

My dad and mom have been giving out Reese's Cups and kit Kat bars (full size ones), and that i chose to have the Reese's. I went domestic at 8:00, and the boys got here home approximately a 1/2 hour later. that they had so much candy! We weighed their baggage, and they each had 6 half of pounds. They dumped it out at the ground and we taken care of it all out.


Estelle was keeping inventory
Eli would not like Butterfingers, and that i happen to love them, so he was giving me his Butterfingers as he got here across them. As I ate the sweet, I stored the wrappers so that I may want to tally up the PointsPlus later. i finished up eating five Butterfingers, a PayDay, an Almond joy, a Tootsie Roll, a Take-five (all amusing-size), and a mini Reese's Cup. I could have eaten more, but I felt happy sufficient to forestall when I did. The damage wasn't too awful! I counted those against my weekly PointsPlus, and i failed to even blow thru all of them.

It was tough to withstand consuming any sweet these days, however I advised my youngsters now not to offer me any greater, although I ask. they may be greater than willing to share with me, but I advised them that I don't want any more, so please do not permit me have any ;)

The kids did not have school these days, so I needed to do my run on the treadmill this morning. I had 3 miles at race tempo on the agenda for today. My race pace for the Ragnar Relay is nine:00/mi. So I just set the treadmill to 6.7 mph (8:fifty four/mi pace) and ran for 3 miles. It became over so speedy! i am used to doing six miles on the treadmill from marathon education, so three flew by. Love that :)
I got an e-mail today from NYRR about the 5K that I was registered for on Saturday in NYC:
They canceled it. There are certainly NO refunds or other reimbursement for our registration ($55). I suppose at least, they need to donate that money to the comfort efforts to smooth up after the typhoon. I realize they've already ordered shirts and and bibs, however there's no manner the ones value $55.

however, i'm happy i am lacking the race because it's canceled, rather than lacking it just because I chose no longer to head. The extra I read about the aftermath of the storm, the higher I feel approximately my selection no longer to head. I feel so awful for all the humans which can be nevertheless handling troubles with their homes, and power outages and all that. I read these days about the lady whose two little boys died--they had been ripped from her arms inside the flood, and had been lacking, and today, their our bodies have been found. reading about that completely broke my coronary heart--the boys were 2 and 4, and as you understand, i've two boys which might be two years aside.

I hate to cease on a unhappy word, so move take a look at out those pics on BuzzFeed--26 simply Inspiring snap shots from storm Sandy. Seeing things like that makes me feel desirable!