Thanksgiving

Rabu, 27 April 2016

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving went nicely the day before today, and i stuck to my plan. in the morning, I had a 4 mile run at race tempo (9:00/mi) scheduled. It changed into hard. As quickly as I commenced running my legs felt heavy and just kind of uncoordinated. That goes to expose that there are suitable days and awful days on the subject of running.

I still managed a good tempo, however.
four miles in just shy of 35 minutes. i am confident that i'm able to hit my sub-fifty five:00 purpose for a 10K if I race one. i have registered for a 5K on December 9th--so with any luck i will run that sub-26 and retire from 5K's :)  now not clearly--i'm starting to like brief and speedy, so maybe i will continue to attempt to enhance my 5K time!

in the afternoon, I went to my parents' residence for dinner. My little brother Nathan changed into there too, with Baily (his canine). My mother made turkey, stuffing, candy potato casserole, corn, rolls, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and gravy; and pumpkin pie for dessert. Like I referred to, i'm no longer a huge "Thanksgiving dinner individual", so I deliberate on simply having a few turkey and sweet potatoes.

before I left my residence, I nuked a sweet potato and brought some Stevia, and decided to have that in place of my mom's sweet potato casserole. Her casserole is SO accurate that I do not know if I could have stopped with a little. So i finished up having some turkey with gravy, the sweet potato, and a pair tablespoons of cranberry sauce for dinner. For dessert, I delivered over Pumpkin Fluff, a recipe that I were given at the Weight Watchers meeting I went to on Wednesday.
It tastes like pumpkin pie, just in mousse-shape. It was precise! (I additionally posted some other recipe these days for "bird 'n' Noodles"--I made it for dinner, and it became in reality suitable! despite the fact that I used chicken, it would be a notable use for leftover turkey).

i used to be cracking up at Estelle whilst i was making the pumpkin fluff. The cats always come jogging after they listen me open a can within the kitchen, and Estelle heard me open the pumpkin. She changed into circling my ankles and meowing, wondering that I had a can of food for her. I said, "Estelle, it is now not for you, dummy!" and i held out a spoonful of the pumpkin for her to scent, so she would depart me on my own.

properly, she went nuts for it. She ate all of it off the spoon, so I gave her a touch bowl of the leftover pumpkin, and he or she ate all of that, too! It become so funny, due to the fact even when I supply her a few canned food, she handiest offers it a few licks after which she's performed with it. i've in no way visible her move so crazy for food as she did with the pumpkin!
the other cats all swarmed around me, disturbing their meals, too. once I allow them to sniff what Estelle changed into ingesting, they gave me a appear like, "Oh, yeah, like I really want THAT."

last night, i used to be so absolutely bored that I went to bed at eight:30--and without my nightly wine! commonly, after the youngsters are in bed, i'll watch a display on tv and have a glass of wine and a Dove Promise. remaining night, there was not anything on tv, and i just felt so notably bored that I went to mattress. (I clearly wanted to eat my boredom away, however figured slumbering could be better).

these days would had been my long term, however I took today off due to the fact I made plans to run with Stephanie early the following day morning on the Metropark. i have not run with a associate in a while, so i'm searching ahead to it! it's going to be very cold, in the mid-20's, but we are best running six miles.

today, I wiped clean the heck out of the laundry room, after which scoured Pinterest for some stitching ideas. I desperately need to get cunning with my stitching device, but cannot determine out what I want to make. If you haven't checked out the day gone by's crafty put up, ensure you do!