Halloween treats

Kamis, 21 April 2016

Halloween treats

The Halloween festivities have started. And up to now, i've controlled not to eat a unmarried piece of sweet.

ultimate night, I took the youngsters to Renee's church for a Halloween celebration--pizza, games, crafts, and trick-or-treating during the church. The youngsters had a blast, but by the point we left, i was absolutely searching ahead to a tumbler of wine while we were given home! It changed into pretty chaotic, and my boys usually get rowdy in those conditions whilst they're with their buddies.

I ate dinner before I left the residence, so that I would not be tempted by pizza or different stuff that changed into there. they had doughnuts, cupcakes and other treats, however I simply avoided the meals table altogether. The kids delivered home masses of candy, however I failed to even dig thru it like I generally do--asking them to give me what they don't want! ;)

This morning, i used to be consuming tea in my pajamas, studying email and facebook stuff. I noticed a publish from Jessica about a theater that had a free showing of Ice Age four this morning at 10:00. It become 9:00 after I read it, and that i made the split-second decision to take the children to the display. all of us threw on some clothes and got to the theater at about 9:35, simply after they opened.

i used to be questioning that since it become a unfastened show on a primary-come first-served foundation, that it'd be wise to get there early. i used to be wrong. We went into the theater, and we were the handiest ones in there, amongst loads of seats!
The kids asked if they may run around in there, and that i stated sure, till someone else is available in. they'd a blast walking up and down all of the stairs and throughout each aisle--no idea what's so amusing about that! eventually, someone else did come in, so that they had to take a seat down. but I assume that wore them out sufficient to take a seat thru the movie.

I must admit, I loved Ice Age four! it is very rare for me to snigger out loud on the films, but i used to be laughing all through everything. Now I want Jerry to peer it, due to the fact I recognise he'd like it, too.

i used to be tempted to take the children out to lunch whilst we had been out, however we're really broke proper now (we eventually bought our tickets to Florida, and we needed to pay for 2 nights of the inn up the front), so we went home after the show. i have been having the equal thing almost each single day for lunch, and i am addicted to it--an English muffin with cheese, egg whites, Sir Francis Bacon, and caramelized onions, with a side of grapes (of course).
 commonly, i use whole eggs rather than egg whites, however due to the fact that this has such a lot of other flavors happening, I determined to reduce the PointsPlus and use the whites. The entire breakfast is handiest 4 PointsPlus.

This afternoon, one of the acquaintances requested me to watch her son for more than one hours, and then my mother's neighbor said her son would really like to play, so I invited him over as well. four boys, all between 6 & eight years vintage for the afternoon... a laugh! :)  No, they had been sincerely truely well-behaved.

tonight, i am taking them "trunk-or-treating" at my mother and father' church. it really is in which numerous the church contributors (normally in gown) again their vehicles up to a decorated pavilion, open up their trunks and bypass out sweet. it's essentially simply trick-or-treating without all the taking walks. inside the beyond, it's been tough for me to withstand the food there! they have got apple cider, and cider doughnuts, popcorn, and lots of sweet. i am going to keep away from the whole lot there, after which perhaps forestall at McDonald's for a vanilla cone on the manner domestic.

If I in reality desired, I should plan on having a doughnut and popcorn and all that, and just depend the PointsPlus for it, however i've a feeling that could cause me getting out of manage and gorging on sweet. i might alternatively keep away from it altogether, after which have the ice cream.


The winner of the Sweaty Band giveaway is:
Congrats Mel! Please send me an emailat SlimKatie (at) runsforcookies (dot) com together with your e-mailing deal with, and i'm able to ship it out to you. let me recognize the way it works for you, because i'm curious :)