Steel cut oats failures

Rabu, 27 April 2016

Steel cut oats failures

you understand what time I wakened this morning? 4:forty five.

4 40-5.

My children spent the night with my mother and father, Jerry became at paintings, I didn't have a run at the time table, so it became the perfect morning for sleeping in. And i used to be wide conscious at 4:45. This insomnia i've had currently has got to head.

besides, today is Wednesday--my weigh-in day :) i used to be pleased with the size this morning:
one hundred thirty five.5... so i'm just 2.5 pounds away from my aim weight! I used each to be had PointsPlus this week, too. ALL of my each day factors, ALL of my forty nine weekly points, and ALL of my 27 earned hobby factors.


the day prior to this, I had a in reality huge craving for metallic reduce oats for dinner--which is very strange, due to the fact I never eat steel reduce oats! So I made a big pot of them for dinner, being careful no longer to wreck them like I typically do, and Jerry and i each ate it. I idea they tasted humorous, and specially smelled bizarre (kind of like cardboard), however I figured it really is how they were presupposed to taste/scent.

I had used the ultimate of them, and once I went to Kroger for grapes, I also bought a few greater metal cut oats. final night time, I opened the brand new oats to odor them, just to see if they have been, in fact, imagined to odor like cardboard. And no, they smelled very nutty and sparkling. i'm guessing the ones we ate for dinner were at the least three years vintage, if now not older. Blech!

when you consider that I had screwed that up, i was nonetheless craving an amazing bowl of the oats. So I put them within the crock pot to cook overnight. (allow me simply preface this through pronouncing that the purpose I by no means consume metal cut oats is because I can't, for the existence of me, prepare dinner them--they either burn, or boil over, or undercook, or i take advantage of oats which can be three+ years old). right here are a couple of past attempts:
Microwave fail

Stove top fail
At five:00 within the morning, way earlier than I must were wakeful or consuming, I went to test at the oats--and that they had been burned to the aspect of the crock pot! I tasted them, and that they tasted very burnt, certainly because I placed the sugar in to prepare dinner with them, instead of wait until once they were cooked. fantastic. Burnt sugar tastes amazing.
Crock pot fail
I threw the ones out, and determined to make them in a pot on the stove like I had ultimate night time, because it became so God-blessed early and that i certainly had the time. I placed the whole thing inside the pot, and went within the living room to look at a few television even as I waited. absolutely forgot to reduce the heat, and they gave the impression of this about 10 minutes later:
Yum!
i was SO frustrated. Why cannot a female just have a frickin' bowl of metallic reduce oatmeal at 5 inside the morning?!

I gave it one ultimate threat. I placed the stuff in the pot (the bag become almost empty already, and i had simply offered it), and set the heat to LOW in order that I could not overcook it. I set the timer every five minutes to test and stir. announced on Twitter that this changed into my final try. And sooner or later, sooner or later--at 7:00, I had a pleasant bowl of oatmeal. virtually, 4 bowls--three for the fridge and one for my stomach.
ultimately, I felt satisfied. The oats had been delicious, and terrific creamy. I used 1 cup oats, 2 cups water, 2 cups milk, and a pinch of salt. Then I introduced 1/4 cup of brown sugar to the entire pot after it turned into finished. At 4 bowls, that totaled 6 PointsPlus in step with bowl. I learned that low and gradual at the range, checking constantly, is the manner to head in terms of metal reduce oats. i'm glad it simplest took me 218 tries to discern that out.


these days I went to my "first" Weight Watchers assembly. I placed that in quotes due to the fact i have been to plenty of conferences in my lifetime, however this was the first in a totally long term. I wore without a doubt heavy clothing, boots, and drank a ton of water earlier than I left. I want my WW aim weight to be 143 (that's with garments--at home, for my weigh-ins, I weigh bare). this means that i would must start at 148 for you to lose five kilos and reach aim. at the assembly, I weighed in at exactly 148 with all of my heavy stuff on. (I may want to have averted all this math if I failed to should wait see you later for a brand new 12-week session through Jerry's paintings).

besides, i used to be SO nervous when I went in there that I felt like i was going to poop vomit. they had me check in, and my hand became shaking so badly that I could not even examine my signature. I sat down and there has been some other woman in there, who became probably a bit more youthful than me, and he or she started talking to me. That made me sense a whole lot less awkward. i am terrible at small speak, and don't commonly say anything till human beings talk to me first--and that i guess that comes across as snobby. however she became smooth to speak to.

Then the leader came in, and he or she changed into surely great. There were simplest four of us inside the meeting, and that i appreciated that it changed into small. We talked about Thanksgiving plans, and the way to get through dinner without getting absolutely off beam. I established myself as a total lush when the chief requested us to bet how many PointsPlus have been in positive gadgets--and the primary one become a five ounces. glass of wine. I were given a bit eager and stated, "four!" proper away, because DUH, wine is my beverage of choice i'm a complete lush I drink a pitcher of wine every night time. I knew the answers to they all, but stopped answering because I had wine on my thoughts no person likes a realize-it-all.

I failed to say this at the assembly, due to the fact wine! I didn't need to appear to be that woman... but Thanksgiving isn't always difficult for me. I don't care a whole lot for turkey, or mashed potatoes, or any of the standard turkey dinner stuff. The only issue that I genuinely LOVE is my mother's sweet potato casserole--absolute confidence because it has a couple of sticks of butter and lots of brown sugar. So the next day, i will likely have a pair oz of white meat turkey, half of cup of candy potato casserole, and a piece of pie.

Have a terrific Thanksgiving, and a secure Black Friday (i am staying in--i am now not courageous enough to try this)!