Reader Questions & Answers #24

Kamis, 07 April 2016

Reader Questions & Answers #24

On Sundays, i will answer a few readers' questions in a put up. when you have a query that you would love me to answer here at the weblog, simply send me an 1ec5f5ec77c51a968271b2ca9862907d with the issue "Q&A", and that i might also include them in a future Q&A put up. They don't should be about weight loss or jogging--whatever is sport!  (keep in mind, i'm now not a physician or dietician, or any kind of medical expert--i will best answer questions from my own experience).

it is been a few weeks due to the fact i've done a Q&A post!
Q. Did you have to re-size your wedding ring after losing weight?

A. My engagement/wedding earrings have actually been the same size on account that we bought them in 2002! that's no longer to mention they did not want to be re-sized, however ;)  when Jerry and i first got engaged, i used to be about 180 pounds (after a short bout of dieting). I haven't any concept what size my ring is--I suppose 7.5? My weight went up and down, and sometime at some stage in my pregnancy with Noah (2003-2004), the jewelry stopped being able to slide off.

I do not forget being within the hospital, and the nurse requested me to take off my jewelry due to the fact she was going to insert an IV and my hand might swell a bit. I couldn't get it off! After that, my rings have been surely stuck on my finger from 2004 till once I lost pretty a chunk of weight--I accept as true with it became early 2010 when i was finally able to get the jewelry off. That was a massive NSV (non-scale victory) for me. Now, the earrings certainly healthy quite accurate. i have always had big palms, and that they didn't cut back an entire lot when I lost the weight. The rings can come off without difficulty, even on my puffiest days, however they never fall off.



Q. After you finished your weight loss, how many calories did you (and do you now) eat? Did you ever feel deprived because of the restricted diet while losing weight, and if so did it lead to binges after your weight loss?

I reached my weight loss goal, but having been feeling deprived of food and I find myself eating a lot, and then realize I gained weight and then go back to calorie counting to loose it. This has been going on for a month. I just feel like it is an never ending battle, and am trying to find some kind of balance. Any advice?


A. I did not have a smooth transition from weight reduction to maintenance, like i might hoped. i used to be simply 10 pounds from my purpose once I fainted and significantly broke my jaw--I needed to have two surgical procedures, ensuing in my jaws being wired close (and a liquid food plan). I misplaced the ultimate 10 pounds whilst i was improving, and due to the liquid diet, I wasn't counting energy anymore. As quickly because the wires got here off, and i should eat strong meals again, I ate loads to make up for the deprivation, and the 10 kilos came lower back right away.

I in no way virtually picked up counting energy again for a number days at a time. i've tried severa times to get again to counting strictly in order that i will get back down to my aim weight, but I never ultimate very long. And quite really, i'd be glad to live proper wherein i am if it method I don't ever have to be counted energy again! however i am usually attempting, because i'm afraid that i'm able to simply cross up and up and up if I do not.

So to answer your questions, I wasn't counting calories after I hit upkeep, so I can't tell you exactly how many i used to be ingesting. but I had fashioned such a lot of more healthy habits whilst i used to be losing weight, and that i continued the ones behavior once I hit upkeep, which is how i've controlled to keep the weight off.

Ice cream at a farm with the family? Sure!
Ice cream on the couch by myself when I'm
feeling lonely? Nah, I shouldn't.
I suppose it's important to discover a balance you may be happy with--you do not need to feel very deprived, however you cannot cross lower back to your antique behavior, both. The manner I live now, I do not sense deprived very frequently, however I truely do ought to make sacrifices!

I put up frequently approximately junk that I consume, so it'd seem like I provide in whenever I want something. however the fact is, if I ate ice cream every time I had a craving, i might be 253 kilos once more for certain. every so often I allow myself to have it, and sometimes I do not--so I don't sense disadvantaged within the feel that I DO still devour ice cream; I just want I should devour it for three meals a day ;)  Am I making sense?

What i'd advise is consuming meals which you absolutely, simply love--then you may not feel deprived. you could count calories and plan to have a special snack or treat each day that you sincerely enjoy. I did that at some stage in my complete weight reduction, that is why I did not experience disadvantaged (most of the time; like I said, occasionally you have got to say no to things you really want, and that's ok too).

My binge consuming without a doubt stems from emotional eating rather than deprivation, which is a wholly special difficulty. however if you suppose you are binge ingesting because of deprivation, then the answer would be to prevent depriving yourself--just make certain you propose for it so it is now not impulsive.




And now a question for all of you...

What are you most looking forward to this fall? As you know, fall is my very favorite time of yr. i love all of it--jeans and hoodies, crisp air, colorful leaves, apple-everything, comfortable blankets, cool walking climate, all matters pumpkin...

And speakme of pumpkin, I made a Vanilla Pumpkin Protein Shake today that changed into reeeally true! you could discover the recipe right here: Vanilla Pumpkin Protein Shake
I even tried to get a pretty picture for you ;)