Revolution

Kamis, 21 April 2016

Revolution

quickly after I finished typing my weblog submit final night time, we misplaced electricity. I notion, being in Michigan, we wouldn't experience an awful lot impact from the hurricane, however the wind became without a doubt sturdy. The electricity turned into going on and off all day, however then at around 7, it failed to come returned on.

normally, once Jerry and that i placed the kids to mattress at eight, we get comfortable at the sofa and watch "our" shows together. without strength, we have been just kind of observing every different, thinking what to do. it's funny how a good deal we rely on power for enjoyment! We don't get accurate mobile carrier at our house, so we couldn't use the internet on our phones. We decided to certainly have a real, uninterrupted, distraction-unfastened verbal exchange (with alcohol).

I poured a (big) glass of wine, and Jerry opened a lager. We lit some candles and simply sat on our mattress chatting. We laughed about the irony of lacking the display Revolution due to the fact we had no strength (in case you're now not familiar with the show, it's approximately the whole country dropping all electricity for decades). Chandler, Paolo, and Phoebe had been all up at the bed with us. it is rare to have 3 cats up there! One or two, nearly usually.

Then a couple of hours later, the power got here back on, which changed into a relief. typically when our strength is going out due to a typhoon, it's out for at the least 24 hours. The wind changed into still honestly sturdy, and i could pay attention freezing rain hitting the home windows all night time.

This morning, I immediately became at the information to see the harm from the hurricane on the east coast. i have been so concerned about my experience to big apple, and now not positive what to do about it. as soon as I noticed that the subways were flooded, and they said it can take many days to get them running again, I started to think that maybe I need to call Delta and see if they could refund my flight.
This was from my brother's (pilot) friend's Facebook page
On their internet site, they were presenting refunds for flights up to Nov. 1st--my flight changed into on Nov. 2d. So I known as and waited on the smartphone for about 15 minutes till I ought to talk to a person. I asked approximately money back, but they told me no, my flight became non-refundable.

I got a facebook message from Jennifer, who's nevertheless caught in Florida. She stated that her flight became moved again, this time until Saturday. So even if I made it to the big apple (Newark, virtually, is where i might be flying into), Jennifer would not be there. I decided to strive Delta on Twitter--I sent a tweet to the Delta help, asking about money back. they'd me message my affirmation wide variety, and then they issued a refund for my price tag! i was so surprised--I notion i would by no means see that money again.

i am certain I ought to have observed a place to live (a reader even kindly offered for me to stay together with her), but with the public transportation being down proper now, i used to be involved approximately getting round while in ny. I additionally might have needed to get (quick) from the race Sunday to the airport in Newark, and have my luggage with me--a multitude.

So anyway, i'm relieved i was capable of get a reimbursement on my flight. Now i'm best out the $fifty five for the 5K race registration (that race is on Saturday). i am highly dissatisfied about missing out on seeing Renee inside the marathon, however it appears it simply wasn't inside the playing cards for me to move this weekend.

multiple hours after the freezing rain stopped this morning, I determined to do my 3-mile run outside. I notion for certain i might wind up at the treadmill, however I bundled up for the run outdoor. It become still surely windy.

more than one times throughout the primary mile, I felt a gust of wind at my back that propelled me forward, and that i felt like i was flying! however the closing mile felt pretty hard, due to the fact the wind turned into blowing proper in my face ;)
After lunch, I sent Renee a textual content telling her the situation with the marathon, and he or she asked if I desired to get together for coffee/tea. I met up together with her and we pointed out the situation. I sense certainly terrible for her! This become her fourth year applying to get into the NYC marathon, and she or he has been certainly excited to head. Now, she said she's now not even certain if she's going, for a host of motives which might be understandable.

The race is at the least letting runners defer their entries till subsequent yr, however they may must pay the big registration fee again ($255). i hope that she's able to move and feature a amazing time, however if now not, she stated she is going to locate any other marathon to do so that every one of her education would not go to waste.

Jerry is off work Friday-Monday (he changed into going to be right here with the children while i was long past), so now i'm thinking i'd like to devise some thing amusing to do to take my mind off of missing out on big apple.

Oh, and speakme of Jerry, he was disenchanted that I forgot to post this photograph the previous day:
i used to be status on the range, cooking dinner, and i stored complaining that my toes have been absolutely numb from being so bloodless. So Jerry sat there and massaged my ft at the same time as i used to be cooking. (I suppose he just wanted me to put up this photograph in order that he can display anyone how true i have it!)