Muscles

Kamis, 28 April 2016

Muscles

This morning, i was scheduled to do speed work: 8 x 400m (because of this walking 400 meters, about 1/4 mile, eight times at a very rapid pace, with rest/taking walks in-between). I do periods like this every different week. two weeks in the past, I did it on the treadmill; and 4 weeks ago, I did it at the music. these days, I decided to simply run it on a ordinary route outside.

I installation my Garmin for periods--short heat-up run, then eight repeats of 1/4 mile hard, then 1/10 mile stroll. My plan turned into to run the difficult intervals as fast as I should whilst nonetheless reserving sufficient power to complete. It was rough!! these c programming language workout routines are hard, but very profitable once I see my pace at the stop ;)

My c programming language splits (first number is time it took me to run the 1/four mile, 2nd number is pace):

Split 1: 1:55.3 (7:42/mi pace)
Split 2: 1:54.1 (7:37/mi)
Split 3: 1:54.4 (7:38/mi)
Split 4: 1:49.2 (7:17/mi)
Split 5: 1:51.7 (7:27/mi)
Split 6: 1:43.9 (6:56/mi!!)
Split 7: 1:50.0 (7:20/mi)
Split 8: 1:51.0 (7:24/mi)

My splits improved quite a bit just over the last month--and I'm stunned I managed a 6:56 pace for the sixth split! For reference, these were my splits one month ago:

Split 1- 1:53 (7:34/mi pace)
Split 2- 1:55 (7:40/mi pace)
Split 3- 1:58 (7:53/mi pace)
Split 4- 1:57 (7:52/mi pace)
Split 5- 1:59 (7:56/mi pace)
Split 6- 1:56 (7:44/mi pace)

I know I keep saying this, but it's so exciting to see the numbers to show that I'm actually getting faster :)


whilst i used to be ingesting breakfast, the FedEx guy pulled up in front of the house--continually exciting! i used to be anticipating a package that I had been wanting for over a yr now.

it's no secret that i'm very cheap on the subject of apparel--I almost never purchase today's clothes, because i will get them exceptional reasonably-priced at storage sales and thrift shops (I do purchase new undies, but!). once I do buy modern clothes, I don't spend a good deal at all. I think the most i've ever paid for a couple of denims turned into maybe $25? The maximum steeply-priced pants i have ever sold are my underneath Armour bloodless equipment walking tights, which had been $50.

once I noticed these specific leggings on line, I wanted them badly. They aren't specifically running tights, but I thought they could be a lot a laugh to wear at a race! i was no longer thrilled about the hefty rate tag, but. They have been $75 AUD (which is set $seventy eight USD). I did not buy them due to the fact I simply could not justify spending that a good deal on a stupid pair of leggings.

however every on occasion, i'd go to the internet site and examine them some greater, or even went as a long way as to put them in my cart; but I simply could not placed the price info in. Jerry instructed me, "Why don't you reward yourself with those? pick a purpose and use the pants for a praise..." So I said, "okay, when i am getting again within the 130's, i'm able to purchase these leggings."

well, 139 got here and went some time in the past, however I nonetheless felt horribly responsible. however ultimate week, I finally bit the bullet and purchased them. And nowadays, they confirmed up on my doorstep!
aren't they exceptional?! They appearance so practical, and that i suppose they'll be amazing fun to put on to a race. I can not believe I spent $seventy eight on them, but it does make counting PointsPlus for the past couple of months with a view to get my weight backtrack well worth it. at the least I feel like i have earned them!

they may be high-quality comfy (very stretchy and soft), however they require waaaay more care than something else i have ever offered. look at this care tag:
I'm going to do my best to make them last as long as possible.


After lunch, Jerry and that i went Christmas shopping. We spent about  hours at Toys 'R' Us, and we have been achieved! We were given all of the shopping completed for the kids in one pass, which turned into satisfactory. on the manner domestic, we were given a vanilla ice cream cone from McDonald's (five PointsPlus). i was freezing, but I still desired ice cream, so I simply cranked up the warmth in the vehicle.

We were given our Christmas tree out of my mother and father' attic, so we are spending the night placing that up. nicely, Jerry is doing the work, and i'm sitting underneath my electric blanket with Estelle ;)
Jerry is ridiculously into Christmas, and it cracks me up. he's the one who starts offevolved taking note of Christmas music and watching Christmas movies in November. I bet it is an awesome factor, although, because i am form of a grinch--i am not into Christmas decorations or song or any of that. We balance every other out!