A walk in the woods

Sabtu, 16 April 2016

A walk in the woods

i am glad to say that the situation with the neighbor the day prior to this is resolved, and i experience a good deal higher about it. His mom was very disenchanted that he used the gun irresponsibly, and he or she took it away from him. And the boy felt horrible approximately what came about with the squirrel. He said he concept he was doing the right component--he felt sorry for it due to the fact its legs were broken, so he idea it might be first-rate to put it down (together with his BB gun). when that didn't paintings, he pretty a whole lot panicked and felt like the state of affairs became even worse, so he did what he could to kill the squirrel fast.

His mom agreed that he didn't manage it well, and she defined to him what he must have carried out (instructed a grown-up about the squirrel). We let her recognise that we don't permit our boys use weapons (even BB guns) with out an person (and that is whilst she stated she had taken his gun away while he informed her approximately the squirrel the day gone by). So I feel properly about it now.


Boy, did I ever have a lazy morning. when I got the youngsters off to highschool, i was folding laundry in front of the television. I put on an episode of Nip/Tuck, and got sucked into that. two episodes later, I made myself get up and do some house responsibilities.

it's a appropriate day outside! I wanted to revel in the weather, so I decided to head for a walk. it is uncommon for me to take a stroll "simply due to the fact", however it was sincerely exceptional to now not worry about mileage or what number of calories i was burning, or some thing like that. I did bring my Garmin because i used to be curious how far the course changed into, however that turned into the most effective cause.

recollect how i found that exceptional route through the woods a couple summers in the past? we might lived here for about 8 years, and that i by no means knew it existed proper in the front of my house. besides, I decided to walk that today. i used to be a bit nervous to go through the woods by myself, so I grabbed my pepper spray.

i used to be so surprised as I were given to the point in which the path begins. The woods are almost long past! it is kingdom-owned land, and that i knew they were going to be making a few changes to it, but it appeared like a completely unique direction. here is a picture from earlier than (summer season 2011):

 And here are some pictures from today:

it is able to not appearance very attractive now, but seemingly they are supposedly killing and getting rid of all the phragmites (the ones tall brown grass-like things you may see in the 2nd % from these days), after which flooding the entire factor to be a form of guy-made lake. So i'm hoping it'll be terrifi in multiple years.

It turned into still a pleasant, very quiet walk. round trip from my residence, it became a little underneath 1.five miles. it truly is an appropriate distance to get a touch sparkling air and now not sense so lazy ;)


My Ragnar Relay team has a few big news--appropriate and bad. The terrible information is that Mary is no longer going to be running on our crew. in case you're a follower of her weblog, then you already realize her large news--Mary is pregnant (the good news)!! It turned into manifestly unexpected, however virtually exciting. i am so unhappy that she may not be walking with us, however we nonetheless don't forget her a part of our group.

but, we do need someone to run in her vicinity, so Carly has joined our crew! you could take into account her from the very inspiring guest submit she wrote for my blog. She started going for walks at 350 pounds (which became no easy undertaking) and has in view that lost over 100 pounds and run a half-marathon! She is very enthusiastic about joining our team, and we're all happy to have her. she will be able to now be Runner #eleven and Ada might be Runner #4.


tomorrow is my longer term. at the agenda is 17 miles, however I understand it's now not important to do that many while tapering. depending on how my knee is feeling, i might simply do 12. I nonetheless haven't gotten a patella strap, so I needed to order it on Amazon rather than driving via all the creation again to get to the running keep. i might like to have sufficient time to attempt it out before the marathon, although. with any luck it will arrive quickly!