2 month comparison

Minggu, 24 April 2016

2 month comparison

agree with it or now not, i have sincerely been looking forward to my runs inside the mornings! that is VERY not like me. normally i've to speak myself into just doing it, and i am continually satisfied that I do--but it nevertheless felt like a chore. however with those 3-4 mile runs on my agenda, I truely look ahead to getting a few clean air and beginning my day off with a run :)

This morning, it become nonetheless a little darkish after I left the house, so I threw on my Ragnar reflective vest. Jerry took this image once I got returned so I could display you simply what number of colors I may want to likely put on on one run...
allow's depend: vibrant blue, crimson, neon yellow, white, crimson, black, army, and burgundy (at the footwear). i am nothing, if no longer fashionable.

at the agenda nowadays became three miles at "race tempo", which, for the Ragnar, is 9:00/mi. remaining week, I did this at the treadmill, so it changed into smooth to simply set the pace and run. however nowadays changed into going to be difficult. i have two speeds--speedy and slow (relative to me, of course). hard and smooth. nowadays was presupposed to be somewhere in among, and that is difficult for me to do!

I saved searching at my Garmin each region mile or so, and adjusting my tempo as essential. i finished up doing the primary mile too speedy, the second one too gradual, and the 0.33 too rapid... but over all, my pace ended up being 8:fifty six/mi, so it turned into near. however i might want to get to the factor wherein i can simply run a 9:00/mi pace by means of experience, as opposed to the short-gradual-speedy-slow thing i used to be doing today.
once I got domestic, I had Jerry take a few snap shots--I desired to expose a assessment of now as opposed to August on the wooden Duck dash race. when Stephanie e-mailed me the pictures from the race, i was horrified. I had no concept that my weight benefit turned into so obvious! I did not put up the snap shots because I hated them. (well, I nonetheless hate them, however at least my weight is backtrack now).

So anyway, here's a photograph from August (I assume i used to be approximately 153 ish in that p.c) and then today:
now not almost as huge a distinction as my before and after pix, however i can truely see that the weight reduction is substantial. The horrifying factor is that I didn't see the benefit after I seemed inside the mirror--I ought to feel it in my clothes, however changed into in overall denial approximately it, reputedly.

This afternoon, whilst the youngsters have been at faculty, Jerry took me on a excursion of his work. I toured it as soon as before whilst we have been simply married, however I failed to don't forget something approximately it. I do not communicate about Jerry's process on the blog (in an effort to keep some form of privacy), so I may not get specific--however he works in a production manufacturing facility. I needed to placed on safety glasses whilst we walked around.

It become SO warm in there! There had been elements of the plant that were 150+ stages. It felt like taking walks interior of an oven due to all of the furnaces in there. you could really see the heat inside the air (much like while you look at asphalt on a warm day, and  you could see the warmth radiating off the floor).

besides, it turned into truly exciting to see what he does at paintings. I asked if I should take pics, however they don't permit all and sundry to take pictures internal. i have an entire new appreciate for Jerry going to work in that heat, even though! I could slightly stand to be in there for 30 minutes--I don't know how he does it for an entire shift.

I wrote a publish for fitness.com about running or walking your first race, and what to anticipate. in case you're involved, you can check it out here.

i will go away you with this 'outtake' photograph from this morning--I only wanted to submit it because look how skinny it makes my legs appearance ;)