Family day

Kamis, 07 April 2016

Family day

Jerry turned into bummed that he overlooked out on garage sale-ing the day past, so I advised him we should cross this morning to some other city-extensive sale. i used to be hoping to have higher luck than I did the day gone by, however the income had been nonetheless pretty sporadic. I did buy a few matters, but not anything that became very exciting. At one sale, I saw this quality box (about the dimensions of three shoe bins put together, so it was huge) for $1, so I picked it up. i like to preserve mementos in bins like those (images, cards, letters, and so forth.)
i was surprised as soon as I opened it up--it was packed with present boxes, gift baggage, and bows. certainly worth more than $1!
I also were given some Dean Koontz books. I used to read his books lots while i was in excessive college and college, and form of forgot about him. Then I were given a e-book at the library the opposite day, and flew via it in 24 hours. Books ought to be very suspenseful and exciting to preserve my interest sufficient to finish, and all of his books do that for me. normally, I do not purchase books (I just use the library), but those had been simplest 25 cents each, and now I don't have a time restrict with them ;)

At one sale, I noticed a tag that cracked me up!
be aware the "in no way worn, too fats"... Bahaha, i love the honesty.

at the same time as we were garage sale-ing, I noticed that there have been human beings standing in the street keeping signs, and that i were given that exciting thrill that perhaps a race become happening. and then it hit me--it became the Run for Ryan, a 5K that I had been planning all yr on doing! i was going to try for my sub-26:00 5K at this race, as it's a completely small race.

The city couldn't have completed worse making plans, with the city-huge sale AND the 5K on the identical day... I felt so bad for the runners having to stay clear of all of the automobiles that have been lining the streets for the income.
this is in which the runners have been coming from, and notice all of the motors in the way?

while we were out, we noticed a farmer's market taking place, so we stopped to check it out. i'm so satisfied we did! I know farmer's markets are normally approximately the fruits and veggies, however I happen to love the baked goods ;) it's so amazing to attempt selfmade baked goods--the men talked me into shopping for a few cookies. I additionally bought some nearby honey and apple-rhubarb preserves. Jerry bought a seasoning packet of dill veggie dip--we sampled it at the market, and it became terrific!

After the income and farmer's marketplace, we went to Jerry's paintings for a circle of relatives day picnic-kind element they had been having outside. They did the equal aspect a few years in the past (proper when I started losing weight) and it changed into a lot of fun, so i was searching ahead to going again. that they had inflatable bouncers, pony rides, one of those trampoline bungee leaping things, a hay journey, video games, and meals.

Jerry attempted out the bungee aspect. I genuinely desired to, however my bladder is not exactly as robust because it became earlier than I had youngsters, if you catch my drift...
Jerry made me sense higher by saying it wasn't that splendid, and he's satisfied we are done having kids, because he probable would be infertile after that factor.

We rode the hayride, which ended up being a whole lot longer than we anticipated--we went around the entire plant in which he works.
After that, we ate lunch--they had grilled steak, hen, and hot dogs; potatoes; baked beans; chips; salad; and truffles and cookies for dessert. I took a hot dog, but the bun turned into in reality stale, so I did not turn out to be consuming it. The potatoes and baked beans weren't excellent, so i stopped up consuming just my salad and then too much dessert. The cakes had been SO true--virtually wet brownies with a peanut butter frosting on pinnacle. I ate one 3 in the three hours we had been there.

Jerry and that i performed cornhole (like a bean bag toss sport) along with his coworker Daniel and his girlfriend Kristeena. i might in no way performed before (or perhaps I did a long time in the past!), but it changed into simply a laugh. i was equipped to leave at that point, however the youngsters wanted to stay a little longer, so Jerry and i laid at the grass and digested our food ;)
It became a amusing day, but I want I hadn't eaten the 2 greater tarts... I felt gross after that. I talked to Mary the day before today, and someway peanut butter turned into brought up--I noted how peanut butter is usually my weakness, and the entirety I overeat appears to comprise peanut butter. So i was taking into account maybe trying to make that a part of a six-week undertaking till my marathon... no peanut butter for 6 weeks?? that could be extremely difficult!

however I think if I may want to do that, i would feel lower back on top of things, and it'd be a massive improve in my confidence. Peanut butter is not a horrific food, but the manner I consume it, it's now not healthy. i've an excessive amount of, too frequently, and it is generally with a load of sugar. So perhaps giving up for six weeks could be an awesome element! i would in reality ought to get innovative as some distance as snacks go... i'm so used to having peanut butter.