Gorgeous day

Minggu, 27 Maret 2016

Gorgeous day

after I wakened the day past and stepped out of doors for a minute, i was taken aback at how perfect the weather became! I placed on jeans and a sweatshirt and sat outside on the porch for a long time whilst the kids rode their bikes on our street all morning, after which I took them for a longer motorbike ride. that's why I didn't write a blog the day prior to this. I simply didn't have a good deal to mention besides.

The kids each had medical doctor's appointments for physicals inside the afternoon. They have been SO HYPER. i used to be sort of embarrassed that I had "the ones" type of youngsters, strolling all over the area and making all kinds of noise. but they are 5 & 7 years old--and BOYS, at that--so that is what boys do, right?  They every wished a vaccination, and that they took it like little champs. So after their appointment, I took them to a frozen custard vicinity to redeem coupons at no cost cones.

when I were given home, I had to do my scheduled four-miler. because it become so fantastic outside, I kept wondering how perfect it'd be for a run. however, I had no one to observe my youngsters, so I needed to settle for the dreadmill :(  because it became an "easy" run on the time table, I decided to set the velocity on 5.6 mph (a 10:forty three/mi tempo) and now not contact IT the whole time. See, commonly once I do the dreadmill, I need to get it over with as rapid as possible, so I start at approximately 6.5 mph after which maintain increasing it till by using the give up, i'm at about 7.5 or 8.0. i will finish three miles in about 25-26 mins. unnecessary to mention, it's exhausting! And of path i am miserable the whole time.

So with the aid of placing the speed at 5.6 (and leaving it there), I really felt love it was an "clean" run and that i sincerely failed to *hate* the four-mile run! I wore my Garmin just to maintain music of my coronary heart price, and it stayed within the proper zone for an smooth run. when my kids requested me questions, I wasn't barking out solutions--i used to be able to talk in sentences. If i go gradual and easy like i'm presupposed to at the easy runs, I virtually do not mind the dreadmill all that a whole lot!

After my run, I speedy showered and were given ready to go to Jerry's softball sport. I dropped the youngsters off at excursion Bible faculty after which went to the game. His video games are usually fun, but the day past the guys were surely going at it with their making fun of each other, and i was cracking up the entire time. At one point, i was talking to the female friend of one of the gamers, and the guys all commenced yelling "Heads up!" which scares the shit out of me once I pay attention it. I noticed that they had been looking my way, and once I looked up, I noticed the softball manner up inside the air coming immediately right down to where i was sitting. I covered my head and cringed (yes, I must have moved, but i was frozen). The ball got here proper down on the arm of my chair, however didn't hit me.


i have been which means to put up this Baked Ziti recipe for a while, so i am subsequently getting around to it. do not be fooled by way of the shortage of components on this--it is so good. i used to be seeking to imitate the baked ziti at Sbarro's. while i was a teen, I cherished Sbarro's baked ziti on the mall. So that is what I came up with. consider me, I attempted including all forms of Italian herbs and spices and one of a kind cheeses and all that... however I usually come back to this recipe. My kids even easy their plates once I make this.

Baked Ziti

8 oz. (dry) ziti or penne pasta (I wouldn't recommend whole wheat pasta here)
1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
1 (15 oz) can plain tomato sauce
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Cook the pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350. In a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish, combine the ricotta, 3/4 of the tomato sauce, and all of the parmesan cheese. When the pasta is done cooking, add it to the dish and stir well to combine everything. Top with the rest of the tomato sauce and spread it around. Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes, until hot.
Makes 4 servings. Nutrition info per serving (using Smart Taste pasta):


What is your "perfect weather" day?  i like love love sweatshirt-and-jeans-type climate. Fall in Michigan is the suitable time of 12 months for me--the colors are appropriate, the temperature is in the 50-60's, and it simply SMELLS like fall.