Peppers!

Selasa, 22 Maret 2016

Peppers!

I awakened early today to go for a run before the kids woke up (while my husband became drowsing) but the youngsters got up as soon as I strapped on my Garmin. Bummer. So I decided to just do my run on the dreadmill. some time ago, I noticed a workout on Krista's blog, and that i clearly preferred it. I wanted it to be a bit more challenging, however, so I made the speeds a little quicker and used a 2% incline through everything. here's what it appeared like with my modifications:
subsequent time i will exchange the five.zero's up to 5.0's. I don't like going slower than 6.0.  anyway, i like doing this due to the fact you need to trade the rate each minute--which makes the workout pass by means of so much faster! It ended up being a little over 3 miles.

I had 4 bell peppers in the refrigerator that I had to use up asap, because they had been about to move awful. One of every colour: pink, yellow, orange, and inexperienced. So I sliced them all up, in conjunction with 2 purple onions, and that i sauteed them. Then I added my selfmade fajita seasoning blend. I ate the mixture on pinnacle of a few quinoa, and it became SO good.
Fajita Seasoning Mix  
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. chili powder 
1 Tbsp. salt 
1 Tbsp. paprika 
1 Tbsp. sugar 
2 1/2 tsp. crushed chicken bouillon 
1 1/2 tsp. onion powder 
1/2 tsp. garlic powder 
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper 
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes 
1/2 tsp. cumin 
Mix it all up in a baggie. To season meat and/or veggies, add 2/3 of a cup of water + 3 Tbsp. of seasoning mix (per pound of meat).  This makes 10 tablespoons of seasoning, and each serving is 3/4 Tbsp. 
The peppers and onions were so colorful while they were cooking, and smelled delicious!
4 peppers, one each of red, yellow, orange, and green; plus 2 onions

After adding seasoning, piled on top of quinoa... yummy!
The best sparkling produce i have left in my fridge right now could be 1/2 a bag of carrots. considering I wrote that entry about looking to repay debt, i have been focusing on being imaginative and the use of up what we've so I don't throw away meals. i have managed to use up numerous stuff--through dehydrating fruit, making oatmeal bars, sauteeing the peppers and onions, and snacking on sparkling fruit. when trying to decide what to eat, I assume first approximately what I have to deplete earlier than it is going awful.

I just were given lower back from the youngsters t-ball recreation. It become miserably warm! 92 degrees and pure sun just beating down on us. I may want to sense the skin cancer forming as I sat there. The umpire ended up calling the game over after two innings (they generally play 3) due to the warmth. Jerry has a baseball game this night too, and i deliberate on going, but i'll simply await a cooler day to observe him play

the next day is weigh-in day... and Noah's birthday!! he will be 7. I can't trust how speedy the final 7 years have long gone via.