What I've been missing out on

Rabu, 23 Maret 2016

What I've been missing out on

The youngsters asked Jerry if they may move for a stroll inside the woods throughout the street from our residence, and on a whim, I decided to go too. generally, i am no longer keen on on foot thru the woods due to mosquitos, spiders, poison ivy, and different now not-so-amusing matters. i've never been an outdoorsy person. Our residence is throughout the road from nation land, and that is what it looks like from my residence:
An old pic from when it snowed in April (to the left is the woods)
nothing unique, right? we've got lived here for nearly eight years now, and i've never ventured into the woods. however, considering that I made it a aim to have a extra "active" existence, as opposed to just deliberate, intentional workout, I decided to go along with Jerry and the lads for a walk in the woods.

i was surprised at what turned into placed pretty much half of mile far from my house! It became extremely good! First, we walked alongside the dike to in which there was a good route going into the woods.
Jerry had the camera, and THIS was the picture he took... lol
Eli and Noah on the dike
At this factor, i used to be nevertheless not impressed. We saw lifeless fish and more than one lifeless infant birds that had fallen from a tree   however once we got into the woods, i was blown away....
We walked along this path, and there were tons of clearings
Like THIS

I never would've guessed that THIS was just a 5 minute stroll away

Noah did pretty good taking a pic of Jerry and me
The boys were finding all kinds of used shotgun shells
My shadow :)

Isn't it so pretty?

I'm seriously in awe that I never knew this path existed!

Although I did see an unwelcome critter ;)
I spent the primary 6 years we lived here being too fats and lazy to move exploring just mins from my residence, after which the remaining 2 years losing the load. i am so satisfied I went along on the stroll with the boys! i'm truly going to be going strolling on that trail extra frequently. The whole path is most effective 1.three miles out and lower back. best for a circle of relatives walk. we're going to must be cautious in the course of searching season, but