Rockford, Day 4

Senin, 28 Maret 2016

Rockford, Day 4

I made sure to wake up bright and early this morning to get a run in. Jerry has his very first race on Saturday (a 10K) and i requested him if he wanted to come with me. We drove to the Rockford YMCA to park, because there's a path right subsequent to it. I had regarded up popular locations to run in Rockford, and this became the primary pick out.

these days at the schedule became a 54 minute run--20 mins clean, then six repeats of (2 mins hard, 2 mins smooth), then 10 mins smooth. however, due to the fact i was jogging with Jerry, we determined to simply run six miles easy, and now not worry approximately pace.

i used to be bowled over at how many humans have been out! We need to have visible approximately forty human beings--running, walking, and biking on the path. We just did an out-and-again direction. I in reality preferred the direction we have been on, however it changed into damaged up through going via neighborhoods, which become type of weird.

We did six miles overall, at an eleven:16 tempo. It turned into kind of amusing, running with Jerry. I suppose we will try this collectively more often

whilst we got again, I needed to do a Wii lively workout. I finished it and now i am midway via the 30-day challenge!



I made it a point to consume lots better today than i've been the past few days. I had cream of wheat for breakfast, and in preference to going out to lunch with Jeanie and the youngsters, I had a veggie hotdog and an orange. After lunch, we went to Volcano Falls, which had go-carts, batting cages, an arcade, mini golf, and so forth. I had some amusing with the batting cages:
I did the gradual pitch softball, and it changed into so a laugh! Then I had a protracted chat with Shawn (my brother-in-law) while the kids did the cross-carts.

We went to a eastern steak residence, called Shogun's, for dinner. We commonly make it a factor to head there whenever we visit my sister. It turned into tremendous, in line with typical. First, we began with beverages. I were given a "Shogun Cosmopolitan":
I ordered the "Vegetable Dinner", and it became SO good. I were given miso soup, salad, fried noodles, steamed brown rice, and tons of vegetables. It was amusing to look at the chef prepare dinner our meals...
I had three Cosmo's. do not judge.

the following day is our final day in Rockford, after which we're leaving on Thursday. i am not sure what the plan is for the following day simply yet. but i am sort of sad that our time at my sister's is coming to a close!