The 500 Festival Mini-Marathon 2008

Kamis, 10 Maret 2016

The 500 Festival Mini-Marathon 2008

this is the earliest-dated publish on Runs for Cookies, but I failed to in reality begin writing on this blog till April 2011. I wrote in a extraordinary blog for decades (2000-2011), however that has considering that been archived. I copied this post (and some others) from my previous weblog, because of its relevance.


do not forget I signed up for that 1/2-marathon in Indianapolis?  properly, that was Saturday. Stacie came with me, which i was enthusiastic about. My mom, 3 of her pals, my sister, and 4 of her buddies went. We drove there on Friday. Stacie, my sister Jeanie, and i shared a room.
We went out to a pasta dinner (to carb-load for the race!). Then we went to Haggen Dazs for some ice cream. We went to mattress early. I did not sleep a great deal because i used to be worried approximately the race. I virtually did not think i would end it. I wasn't organized for it at all.

Saturday--The race started out at 7:30 AM, so we had to rise up early. We were given dressed and went right down to our "corral". We have been inside the Z corral to begin (The beginning line became the A corral for fast humans, and there were 50,000 human beings on this race. We had been on the quit because we predicted our time to be 4 hours, that's the max. You had to keep an 18-minute mile or else you needed to get on a bus to the end line.

The race began and it took us approximately 35 minutes to get to the starting line. We had a chip on our footwear that started out our time while we got to the starting line and stopped our time when we were given to the finish line. As quickly as we got to the start, every body in our institution started out going genuinely fast (about 12.5 minute mile!)  preserve in mind the plan became to walk this 1/2 marathon.

anyhow, we ended up splitting up after a mile or so, and Stacie and that i walked collectively. We jogged a touch because it took strain off of our hips and ft. It turned into in reality a number of a laugh for the primary 6 miles or so. There had been masses of bands set up along the way, and heaps of people cheering anyone on. as soon as we were given to the Indy 500 racetrack, which we had to stroll round, we were sooo bored and tired of walking. The racetrack become the worst a part of the complete stroll. It was virtually dull and long. as soon as we completed that component although, we best had four miles left.

The final mile become the toughest. My feet have been hurting BADLY. My legs hurt. My again hurt. My whole body was so sore. when we saw the end line, we jogged the ultimate tenth of a mile to the give up. My sister watched us end (we turned into ahead people) and she or he turned into so proud and excited that I simply did it--she cried while she saw me attain the end line. Then we watched as my mother and her buddies crossed, which made me get tears in my eyes.

The whole environment changed into extremely good--all people cheers you on and makes you sense properly.
i was in so much pain later on. I took a Motrin 800. failed to surely assist. We sat round all day lengthy to simply loosen up. That night we went out to dinner. i used to be limping badly, ought to slightly pass. Took extra Motrin and a snoozing tablet so I should sleep.

Sunday (these days)--got up, had breakfast, and drove domestic. i am wonderful duper duper sore today. My legs ache like you wouldn't consider, and that i think I may also have a stress fracture in my left foot. i'm able to barely stroll due to the fact i've a truely sharp, capturing pain in the bone of my foot. i would like to head get in x-ray'ed if it's now not higher the following day.

Our pals Tom and Jessica came over with their youngsters for dinner. Jessica's a rubdown therapist and he or she stretched me out . It helped loads with my legs, but did not anything for my foot.

I feel like i used to be hit with the aid of a truck. but i'm already wondering I may want to do this again subsequent yr... more prepared, of path!
Stacie and me



Sue, Stacie, me, my mom, Jeanie, and Vickie