Madison

Kamis, 24 Maret 2016

Madison

This morning, I awakened and right now went for a three-mile run in my sister's community. I knew if I waited, that i would just bypass the run, so I desired to get it out of the way. when i was carried out, I took a shower and got prepared to move to Madison with Jerry.

It took approximately an hour to get right here from my sister's residence--no longer a bad power in any respect. We went to the inn, although it became only eleven AM, and requested if we should have an early test-in. They let us, even though check-in become at three. The view from our room is remarkable...
The view from our hotel window

This is the farmer's market going on below our hotel... awesome!
We went right down to the street and walked around the farmer's marketplace, which took up more than the complete block. We offered some goods, specifically for items. I got my sister a chocolate whoopie pie (YUM!), my brother-in-law some jerky, their basset hounds some home made canine treats, my children some popcorn. i purchased a loaf of complete grain bread for myself, and Jerry sold some cheddar-jalapeno rolls.
Whoopie pies!! This was red velvet and German chocolate.

My loaf of bread

Jerry's cheddar jalapeno rolls

The dog treats for Remy and Lucy
when we dropped our items off at the resort, we got lunch from a groovy little area known as Teddywedgers. it is a teeny tiny little shop that serves nothing but pasties, and it turned into advocated to me via Robyn. Robyn, thank you a lot for the inspiration!! My husband and that i each loved the pasties, and we plan on getting some other for breakfast inside the morning  I got a veggie one and Jerry got a few kind of breakfast one.
Teddywedgers!  Barely big enough for two people to stand inside (dunno the woman in the pic!)

Veggie Wedgie was my pick--tomato sauce, mushrooms, peppers, and mozzarella

My veggie pasty

This is what it looks like inside... it was SO GOOD
Jerry was completely stuffed after eating his pasty, but I always save room for dessert, so I chose to eat my whoopie pie ;)  I had the red velvet one. The filling was buttercream frosting, which you all know is like crack to me. This was such a great dessert for me!
Red velvet whoopie pie!
After that, we walked up and down state road for a touch bit, and went into a couple of stores, and we stopped for a beer at a brew pub. i'm now not a huge beer fan, however my husband loves beer as much as i like wine.
Yes, that is my brown Goodwill dress :)

Some guy on a hunger strike... I wasn't impressed

At the brew pub
Now we are just relaxing in the hotel room for a little bit, and then we'll get dinner. We have reservations at a comedy club tonight, which should be fun. I love comedy clubs!
Yes, that would be wine in my hands

Oh, i have to mention something that I locate so neat about Madison... there are bicycles everywhere. lower back home in Michigan, I see maybe one biker when I go out someplace. right here, there are possibly more bicycles than there are motors! there's a motorcycle lane on all of the roads in the metropolis (a e4028a5c6dae3ad5086501ec6f3534d0 car lane committed to buses, bikes, and automobiles turning proper handiest), and there are heaps of motorcycle racks in the front of every shop. There are a lots of bicycle apartment locations on the streets, that form of job my memory of a Redbox   there's no attendant, and also you simply installed your credit score card--$10 for twenty-four hours. I really need to get a photo of all the bicyclists, as it's quite high-quality. My husband and i each commented on it some times.


Is your city very cyclist-friendly? Like I said, where I come from, it is very rare to see someone on a bicycle. In Madison, they are EVERYWHERE.