I did it!

Jumat, 18 Maret 2016

I did it!

After pussing out the day gone by on the bike store, I determined to head lower back nowadays (thanks, Sarasael, to your remark--that pushed me into going lower back!)  i was still outstanding frightened, but I went in and a super great guy helped me out. He requested what kind of driving I wanted to do, and i simply instructed him that i am a runner and i want to pass-teach more than one instances per week. No racing or huge mileage or whatever, and simplest on the road (no trails). He delivered me to a few hybrid motorcycles, which (from what I examine on-line) sounded just like the way to head for me. He requested if I desired to test ride a pair bikes, which i was frightened to do, but I figured I in all likelihood should before I drop hundreds of bucks on a motorcycle.

I loved the first one I attempted. It felt a lot better than some other bike i have ever ridden--very smooth. He cautioned a motorcycle with an extended length, which I tried, but I nonetheless went back to the first one. And $487 later, it is now mine :)  once I were given it home, i used to be excited to trip it proper away. i used to be questioning i might do approximately 6-8 miles, but good LORD--my thighs were burning! i've a tempo run scheduled tomorrow, so I decided to name it quits after 3.5 miles. optimistically I might not be TOO sore the following day. It changed into so much amusing though--I felt like i used to be flying. Now, I know that 13 mph is on the slow aspect for biking, however that become my common pace (I took the Garmin, of route!)  I in all likelihood have to get a helmet (and maybe no longer put on flip flops next time, lol).  I also have no clue what different gears are for. This has 21 gears, however i've no clue what to do with them. i'll should study up on it.
The handiest component that certainly sucks approximately owning a bike now is that I do not have a storage to position it in. So i'll need to maintain it inside the residence. I additionally don't have a hitch for bikes on my Jeep, so i will should get one or i'll be sticking round my house to trip.  I felt type of responsible spending a lot money, but I justified it through telling myself that it is a gift to myself for keeping 100 pounds misplaced for a whole 12 months.

See how tiny it is? Poor thing!
quickly after that, Jerry glanced out the window and went flying outdoor. I heard him yell, "Phoebe!" sort of sternly (Phoebe is one of my cats) and right away I knew she had a fowl or some thing in her mouth. I ran outdoor and sure enough, she had a DUCKLING. It was alive and unhurt, thank God, but the negative aspect's mom changed into nowhere to be determined. I stay right across from the woods, as you could see within the images, and there is a few swamp there, so i am guessing this is wherein she got it. however I regarded and regarded, and there has been no sign of a duck or more ducklings.

Jerry called the vet to look in the event that they knew of someone that could take it in, and got the variety to a guy who specializes in wildlife. He failed to solution the phone, so desperately, I instructed Jerry of this residence that I pass on my runs who takes care of the wild ducks there. they have a fence installation with refuge and the whole thing, but it is open to wherein the geese can come and go as they please. I informed Jerry to carry the duck there, knock at the door, and ask in the event that they realize what to do with it. the guy absolutely took it in, and stated that he cares for the abandoned ducks and other animals till he can let them go. What good fortune is that?!  So now the sweet little duckling has a home.

Oh, I critically had the high-quality breakfast these days. i was inspired when I study this post from Alex at Spoonful of Sugarfree.  rather than making the recipe though, I simply chopped up a peach and dumped a packet of Emerald Breakfast on the go on top (i was feeling too lazy to make the actual recipe). Then I nuked it for 1 minute in the microwave. The peaches got hot and melty, and the granola topping stuff changed into so yummy. I picked out the yogurt-covered raisins (and ate them one by one) because I did not think they had in shape in with the peaches. The best aspect that might have made it higher would were a scoop of vanilla ice cream, however unluckily, I can't consider myself to have ice cream inside the house.  i have made this dozens of instances with apples, however I never notion to apply peaches! It become SO correct. i'll honestly be making it again.  i'm positive it might be suitable with any form of granola or crunchy cereal. i love a nut and dried fruit combo.
This was 222 calories.
I'm glad that so many of you are holding interest in my blog posts! I feel like I can be super boring, so it's nice to hear otherwise


Have you ever taken in a wild animal or just a stray animal? I seem to be doing it lots currently! First Estelle, then Paolo (each cats), and these days the duckling. Thank goodness we located a person else to take the duckling, otherwise i would be nursing it here till it turned into large enough to head returned in the wild.