Slow run

Kamis, 24 Maret 2016

Slow run

the day prior to this, I attempted some thing i have in no way accomplished earlier than. I went for a scheduled 2-mile "easy" run and i attempted to preserve my coronary heart price in the recommended area of 65-seventy five% of the max. For me, which means 124-143 beats in step with minute. It turned into so much harder than I idea it'd be! i used to be significantly going for walks as slowly as I probable ought to, and i used to be suffering to hold my coronary heart price under 150. i have been reading approximately how vital it is to take the easy runs easy, as they're intended to be.

I also assume that this will make me experience going for walks extra. If I know i will go out for a slow, lazy run, I won't dread it so much. but, if I try this, it method I surely ought to do planned speedwork every week--pace runs and interval training. i'm training for a 10k this is on October ninth, so I suppose i'll attempt training this manner and spot the way it goes.

Easy runs- 65-75% of max heart rate
Tempo runs- 87-92%
Intervals- 95-100%

So anyways, my stats for yesterday's run:

From the manner it felt, I could have sworn i was doing a 13:00+ minute/mile tempo. it's tough to imagine that once I first started out strolling, the quickest I could go become approximately thirteen:30ish? And now i found it extraordinarily tough to run as sluggish as 11:00. it's amusing to experience that progress!

the day gone by changed into every other food temptation I had to bypass up. on every occasion this one guy on the Detroit Tigers hits a home run, all the A&W's (round right here besides) promote coney dogs for 25 cents tomorrow. My children desired to move for lunch, so I took them to A&W. They each ate 2 complete coney puppies through themselves! I sat and watched.
Noah

Eli
I went domestic and made a tuna sandwich, which held me over until dinnertime. I made lentil chili for dinner, which was honestly silly of me, considering I planned on doing my run AFTER dinner. I ate 2 cups of it, which totaled 34 grams of fiber... so my belly became cramping badly at some point of my run.

however I stayed on the right track all day and counted my calories. I failed to need to eat an awful lot after my superb filling dinner, so my energy were a touch low.

Breakfast- Cinnamon Raisin Granola with milk and coffee (275)
Lunch- tuna sandwich and grapes (363)
Dinner- lentil chili with cheese (401)
Snack- Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast with peanut butter (290)

TOTAL:  1328 calories
Exercise- Ran 2 miles.

Jerry was hard at work all last night typing a guest post for you. I think he was having way too much fun doing it. I'll probably post it tomorrow.


If you are a runner, do you run your easy runs and long runs much slower than normal?