The Warrior Dash

Kamis, 10 Maret 2016

The Warrior Dash

Please do not inquire from me questions about where/when this race is, due to the fact i've been bombarded with those questions about facebook. All data can be observed at www.warriordash.com.

That said, i will summarize the weekend and post a few photographs. My buddies Mercedes, Sarah (from Arizona), my husband Jerry, and that i all have been going to force to Joliet, IL together on Friday and meet up with my pal Renee and her husband Dave. Renee booked the inn months ago, and that i noticed on Friday morning after I published out the itinerary that she only placed 2 human beings down for our room. that's awful whilst you want 2 beds!  I called the lodge and that they stated they were fully booked and our room had a king bed. i was now not glad when I heard this, because there had been four folks (my husband and 3 ladies) so should it be any more awkward?  Mercedes ended up bringing her queen-size air bed.  besides, Renee wound up with 2 double beds, and it became simply her and her husband within the room, so we traded together with her.  the whole thing turned into proper then with the dozing preparations.

Friday become type of dull. We were given there at round 2 pm, and we went to a liquor shop to buy beer for the motel, and then we went to dinner at purple Lobster. I were given tilapia, and it changed into SOOO good... and my dinner changed into handiest 6 factors. We went returned to the hotel and played some stupid games even as we had some beers.

the next morning (the morning of the dash) we got up at 6 and determined a observe below the door. seemingly a pipe had burst and we had no water in our room. Frickin notable, proper? So the motel "enhancements" us to the jacuzzi suite... which simplest has a king bed and a jacuzzi. LOL, so we ended up putting in place the air mattress besides.

The Warrior dash.... SO not what I predicted. It turned into a great deal tougher than I thought, however additionally a good deal more at ease, if that makes sense. no one took it significantly. but, I got honestly emotional in the course of the race, and it turned into lousy.  all and sundry else had so much amusing, and i felt like a complete Debbie Downer, however it changed into no longer a laugh for me. let me start at the beginning. We left the motel early, which changed into excellent as it took us all the time to discover in which we might be parking. finally parked and got on the travel (school bus) that took us to the race. Sarah wasn't doing the race, so she turned into simply along for the experience and to observe. whilst we got there, we have been bowled over at all the dust. The dust wasn't simply a part of the race--it turned into anywhere, and it was ankle-deep. Sarah turned into bummed that she ruined her shoes, however she nevertheless loved herself.  We picked up our packets and waited for our race time (11:30).

when the race began, Mercedes took off. Jerry changed into right subsequent to her, and as soon as he found out i was at the back of, he fell again with me. The entire path become ankle-deep mud, and i simply could not RUN thru that. We jogged for approximately the primary mile, however after that, Jerry and that i walked the complete way. The barriers totally wore me out. It changed into certainly tough. there has been this one absolutely steep valley with muddy water below (and dust masking the sides, of path) that I nearly made it up to the top and then slipped and fell all of the manner backpedal into the water. That sucked! but it became simply a bit amusing :)  here is a percent from that:


Now, consider seeking to run after you have all that dust for your legs and footwear! I felt SO HEAVY. Which made me sense how I did when i used to be 253 kilos. And that is what caused all the emotion. i used to be getting simply teary and panicky because of that slow, heavy feeling and basically being notable fat once more. It makes no feel now, however it became tough mentally for me.

i was bummed that Mercedes had left us, and it regarded like everybody else become passing us too. i'd simply misplaced nearly 100 kilos, and i used to be nevertheless being exceeded up?!   My heart wasn't in the race for the second one half of of it (it become 3.five miles total).

Then at the end, I got to the hearth. there is a line of fire which you leap over, then any other fireplace to leap over, and you then move slowly through dust below barbed cord to the end. i'd completed all of the obstacles up till this point, but the hearth scared me to loss of life. It became massive. And you need to get a jogging start thru mud with heavy footwear and try to leap over it. I freaked out and just went across the hearth. I "could not" do it. I crawled via the mud and finished.
Me and Jerry before the race

Everyone ditches their shoes, because they are pretty much ruined

The guy in the loin cloth ran the race like that--with nothing underneath! ;)

Jerry and me--you can see how fake my smile is here


Jerry and I after getting rinsed off with the hose

Renee, Dave, Jerry, and me

Feeling like a total failure after skipping the fire

Jerry jumping over the fire