FAQ #1: How did you lose the weight?

Jumat, 11 Maret 2016

FAQ #1: How did you lose the weight?

Whenever people learn that I've lost a large amount of weight, the first thing they want to know is HOW I did it. So I will dedicate this post to answering that question and get it out of the way now.

the short answer is: food regimen and exercising. Sorry to disappoint, but I did now not take any magic pills or devour magic food. I did not sit down on my sofa all day and stuff my face with meals and lose weight! surprising, proper? I virtually installed a variety of tough paintings, willpower, and made plenty of sacrifices to get in which i am now--and it became all really worth it.

Now, if I nevertheless have your interest, i will give you some information.

i'm a binge eater, and while i was fat, I ate a variety of food in a single sitting. I ate eating place meals very regularly, cooked fattening food at domestic, and so that it will "relax" at night time, i'd consume large amounts of consolation meals. In August 2009, at 253 pounds, I another time decided to lose the weight. i would made the choice at the least one thousand instances before, but for some cause, this time i was very determined to stick it out to the give up. I wanted to give up so frequently, however I endured and in December 2010, I weighed in at 128 pounds (one hundred twenty five kilos misplaced). My remaining purpose is to weigh 126 kilos, because that will formally be "half of" my size. i am currently sitting at 139 ish pounds, and since advantage is horrifying. i've decided to create this maintenance blog to help me have some responsibility and sooner or later get all the way down to my closing purpose.

As a ways because the modifications I made to my weight loss plan? I did now not reduce out carbs, or eat just fish and broccoli. I didn't live on salads for sixteen months. In truth, I best ate perhaps  salads the whole time i was dropping weight, due to the fact I simply wasn't a huge fan of salad. I reduce lower back on my quantities by way of weighing and measuring my meals, and counting the energy/WW factors in my meals (I did now not join WW or be a part of their on line application--I simply observed counting points simpler to maintain track of in my head). at the start, I ate all the usual stuff that i was eating earlier than--I just ate less of it and counted those calories. Over many months, I started to make more healthy changes (because I wanted to, now not due to the fact I felt like I had to). i used to be consuming kind of 1400-1600 calories in step with day.

I did now not workout till after i'd lost about 60 pounds. Then I started schooling to stroll a half-marathon. I also determined that I wanted to attempt to RUN a 5k race--something I thought was an impossible goal at the time. I began running 3 instances in keeping with week (i will explain how I got started out jogging in every other submit) and doing a protracted walk on the weekends to prep for both races on the equal time.

I walked the 1/2-marathon in may also 2010 and completed in three:23. In October, I ran my first 5k race and finished in 27:sixteen. i was addicted to jogging by means of this factor, and that i kept at it. I presently run three-4 days according to week, anywhere from 3 to 8 miles usually. It has in reality been beneficial in keeping my weight loss.