Sweet Potato Wheels

Senin, 21 Maret 2016

Sweet Potato Wheels

positive enough, we failed to do much the day prior to this, but it changed into a pleasing day to relax at home. I had a sweet potato sitting on my counter for some time, so I decided to turn that into my lunch the previous day. It changed into SO correct that I simply should share--it is no longer much of a "recipe", greater of a "approach". but both manner, you've got to strive it!

Sweet Potato Wheels

1 large sweet potato (mine was 12 oz)
cooking spray
salt & pepper to taste


Set the oven to 'broil' (mine has excessive and low, so I selected excessive). Peel the candy potato and slice into skinny slices (approximately 1/4 inch). Spray a baking sheet with the cooking spray, and then lay all the sweet potato pieces out on the sheet.
Lie the wheels on a sprayed baking sheet
Spray the tops with a touch cooking spray and then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. positioned the sheet below the broiler till the tops are starting to burn darken in spots, like this:
When they look like this, flip them over
I think it took about 10 mins for mine. flip every piece over, and placed the sheet back beneath the broiler. whilst you may scent the sweet potato goodness, and that they look like this, they're completed:
Pile them all on a plate and devour them. proportion them with a person, due to the fact this is probably as a minimum two servings. I ate the complete batch for about 280 energy, which was definitely really worth it. these flavor similar to sweet potato fries, however they're a lot less difficult to make--they prepare dinner greater calmly, they do not stick with the baking sheet, and that they take less time typical.
A very well-spent 280 calories!
within the afternoon, my kids wanted to experience their bikes up to the liquor save to shop for a popsicle. I took my bike, and i am so in love with it! i have never had a threat to definitely trip it like it's intended to be ridden, however i'm able to certainly be able to when my children move again to school. For now, i've been taking it out to ride with the youngsters, that is extremely sluggish. So slow that I experience like i am going to tip over.

I went grocery shopping within the afternoon. Our fridge changed into practically empty, but I couldn't figure out what we had been missing. We had the essentials--milk, almond milk, eggs, and so on. i purchased a shitload of fruits and vegetables, due to the fact i have never been eating many lately.

For dinner, we cooked turkey burgers on the grill. I got a few Jennie-O burgers on sale for $1 (four patties) due to the fact the promote by way of date turned into in 2 days. I also got 6 programs of Jennie-O turkey sausage for $1 every for the equal motive--I just threw them within the freezer to use while we want. wonderful deal! besides, we also made corn at the cob. I without a doubt wanted baked beans, but with the intention to keep calories, we rounded out the meal with watermelon and a dill pickle.
415 calories for the plate
present day plans are quite tons the equal. Jerry has to paintings, so it's going to just be me and the youngsters. My knee is killing me, so i am going to attempt to relaxation it as a good deal as i will these days.


What's your favorite thing to cook on the grill? As lame because it sounds, mine is probably hot dogs! If we're being very precise, i love brats, cooked until a little charred. Then I load it up with mustard and onions.