Meeting Mary

Senin, 28 Maret 2016

Meeting Mary

What a amusing day! I got up at 6:00 this morning to shower and get geared up to spend the afternoon in Chicago with Mary. The plan turned into for Jerry and i to take the Metra educate into Union Station in which we might join up with Mary. My sister lives approximately 45 mins from the Metra station, so Jerry and i drove there first and boarded the teach.
The train took about an hour and 20 mins to get to Union Station. i used to be excited to meet Mary (and a bit worried). i've been reading Mary's blog for approximately a yr, and we've been getting to know each other on our Ragnar group's non-public facebook web page, so I felt like we had been already pals.

I identified her right away and gave her a hug. She's as lovable in man or woman as she is in her images ;)  We walked to a bus to visit a brewery that Jerry wanted to test out.
We had a beer at Goose Island Brewery (Jerry was absolutely pleased); then we walked to a eating place called The Chicago Diner:
that is an all-vegetarian/vegan restaurant--we've got nothing like this around us in Michigan, so i used to be truly excited to attempt it. I ordered a reuben sandwich with sweet potato fries. The "meat" in the reuben become seitan, which i might by no means tried before. The sandwich was incredible! I used to like reubens while i was obese, and that i hadn't had one in a long time.
After lunch, Jerry truely desired to get a picture of himself in the front of Wrigley subject, so we walked there. at the manner, I noticed a frozen yogurt store, and just had to forestall for dessert. perhaps i am wrong, however it seems like each meals blogger has self-serve frozen yogurt at least 5 times every week... and i've in no way had it! i'm constantly so jealous when I see the photos.

I genuinely did now not skimp when I made my dish... I put in three flavors of fro-yo: pink velvet, french vanilla, and pistachio. Then I crowned it with cheesecake bits, cookie dough, Reese's portions, Reese's Cup bits, and marshmallow topping. Do I even need to describe how suitable it turned into?!



The afternoon has flown through, so we took Jerry's image at Wrigley subject after which got at the bus to move again to the teach station. Mary and i stated good by; it become SO amazing to get to fulfill her in individual! She is precisely how I pictured, and just as genuine as she is on her blog. (I suppose I can also have scared her with my love for cakes, however...)

Jerry and that i took the educate lower back to Elgin, then drove returned to Rockford and got to my sister's at 6:45. I got a text message from my friend Sarah, and everything went well with her c-segment these days. i am SO excited! This might be the nearest i will ever get to being an aunt ;)  i am going to present her a call tomorrow for a few more info.

I failed to end up going for walks these days like i was presupposed to. i used to be wondering i would run once I were given returned from Chicago, however it become 92 degrees--a whole lot too warm for me! So I determined i'll get up early the next day morning and run alternatively. I did, but, do my scheduled exercising for the Wii lively 30-Day challenge. that is some severe dedication, I swear. My sister and the kids had been making s'mores at the same time as i was sweating it out inside the basement with the Wii. however I felt top about burning off a smidge of the ice cream I ate these days