The 500 Festival Mini-Marathon 2009

Kamis, 10 Maret 2016

The 500 Festival Mini-Marathon 2009

(And old race report that I am just now posting... sorry if it shows up in your Reader!)


I simply got home from Indianapolis, and that i feel like every bone in my body is just ACHING. however damn I experience top for completing the half marathon!! I surely changed into worried that I wasn't going to make it. At the start, all and sundry started strolling at the starting point (commonly all the humans within the previous few corrals are walkers)--I thought "Shit! they may be going to bypass us after which the bus is going to pick us up for going too slow!"  but we averaged a 17ish minute according to mile tempo and finished in 3 hrs, fifty one minutes.  i have BLISTERS GALORE on my ft... i will even gross you out with a photo... but I completed!
Gross, I know!

Mandie's birthday was Saturday (race day) so she became certainly excited to do her first 1/2-marathon on her 34th birthday. We got her a cookie cake from the mall and celebrated at the inn.

On Friday night time, we went to this Italian restaurant referred to as Buca di Beppo. My sister made reservations months in the past, because it's impossible to find a place to eat without a reservation at some point of the five hundred pageant in Indy.  anyhow, we got there and they did not have our reservation. There had been 13 of us ready to consume. They thought my sister changed into lying approximately the reservation, so she ended up going to her automobile to get the print out. confirmed it to the manager, and he absolutely COMPED our $250+ check while we had been achieved!! We were given SOOOO a good deal meals for F-R-E-E. It changed into wonderful.

on the resort, the air conditioning in our room wasn't operating, so we complained about that and they in no way surely constant it. So we got $one hundred fifteen comped off of that invoice as properly!  And... our lodge additionally had unfastened glad hour!!

We had so much a laugh and i'm brilliant looking ahead to going again next year.  i'm creating a massive massive almost impossible aim to weigh 150 before subsequent year's race. it really is 100 kilos to lose. I realize I stated I wasn't going to food plan again, but I form of want to now. I keep thinking how a lot less complicated the race may be if I lose this greater weight. i am going to start counting factors the next day... and that i might not prevent until the following 500 competition (may additionally eight, 2010).

Oh, and talking of losing weight... Bernie from the largest Loser changed into on the race the day before today too! I did not meet him, but just noticed that he was speaking to a news reporter. He still looks appropriate.


Here are the race pictures (These were not in my original blog post because I HATED them... and later, they became my "before" pics...


Me, Brian, my mom, Jeanie, Karen, Audrey, and Mandie

Me, Brian, my mom, and Jeanie