One Year! (Video)

Senin, 21 Maret 2016

One Year! (Video)

It changed into a yr ago nowadays that I reached one hundred-lbs lost. The time has truly flown with the aid of, and that i cannot consider it's been see you later. This video is similar to my weight reduction video, best it covers my first year of maintaining a hundred+ kilos lost.


In the last year, I've learned a lot about myself:
  • renovation is tough. i used to be expecting it to be tough, however it is ridiculously tough every so often.
  • don't get too cocky. after I reached my lowest weight in December, I felt invincible. My weight changed into decreasing hastily, and i wasn't counting calories. properly, DUH--i used to be on a liquid weight-reduction plan for a damaged jaw!! Of direction i used to be going to drop weight. I were given too cocky thinking I had all of it discovered, and when my jaw healed, I received returned a few weight. 
  • The fat lady in my head continues to be there, in all likelihood even louder than before. I nevertheless think I look fats, I still see all my imperfections, I nevertheless experience "unworthy" of wearing cute clothes or shopping in athletic stores or calling myself a runner. The fat lady is constantly telling me that i will never hold the load off and that i will allow all of us down.
  • i've also found out that there's a skinny woman in my head, too! She tells me it is k to devour ice cream, due to the fact i'm skinny now. She tells me it is k if my size four jeans are tight, because a length 6 is thin too. 
  • antique behavior are hard to break out from, however there are a few habits I used to have that completely disgust me now. I can not believe consuming some of the things I used to devour--even on a horrible binge day, i am too a long way removed from my former fats-self to consume that way.
  • i am still a binge eater  :(  I went a 12 months without a single binge. Then I began doing it again, despite the fact that i am not sure why. 
  • I nevertheless devour for emotional reasons, particularly strain.
Maintenance is not all bad, however! ;)  Here are some of my accomplishments over the last year:
  • I ran a Ragnar Relay, my first 5k race,  10k races, a 1/2-marathon, and an 8k race.
  • I went on (I assume) five unique trips/holidays--some of which I received weight, but I lost it after.
  • I made it through the most attempting time of my existence (up to now) when I broke my jaw. As terrible because it turned into, I found out lots approximately myself. I additionally became a lot in the direction of my own family, and discovered just how wonderful my proper pals are.
  • I faced a few fears--flying in an airplane, dancing, zip-lining.
My goals for the next year of maintenance:
  • discover a satisfied weight and maintain that inside approximately 3 pounds. i've been bouncing up and down with 10-15, and that is way too large a range.
  • Run a sub-2:00 half-marathon.
  • paintings on my emotional eating and binge consuming. possibly begin a meals journal that focuses much less on calories and extra on how i am feeling when I devour.
  • stay greater actively. no longer simply intentional workout, like jogging and cycling. but enjoyable sports that involve movement, like on foot to the mailbox day by day (my mailbox is about 1/4 mile away), backyard work, and so forth.
  • Step out of my comfort region a touch extra--be part of a membership or some activity that makes me triumph over my shyness. while i used to be fat, I constantly said that i might be outgoing if I got skinny. well, what am I looking ahead to?!