The 500 Festival Mini-Marathon 2010

Kamis, 10 Maret 2016

The 500 Festival Mini-Marathon 2010

i am home from Indianapolis! i will provide you with the simple rundown and publish some pics...
FRIDAY:  We left Friday at 11:00 a.m. Renee drove, and it become just Renee, my mom and i in her vehicle. the other women from moms membership drove separately (Stacey, Melissa, and Carla). We drove immediately through to Indy, approximately 4.5 hours.  were given to the resort, and i used to be tremendous worried to peer my sister and brother. My sister was always telling me how excited she was to look me, and the way super I ought to appearance, and so on. i was afraid I would not stay as much as her expectations. Renee and i had a glass of wine whilst we waited for anybody to expose up. So my sister got to the lodge simply as we had to go away for our dinner reservations. I yelled to her down the corridor, and he or she said, "Ohmygod, Katie, I wouldn't have even identified you!!" and she or he gave me a hug. My brother said, "You appearance brilliant!" (which is a massive praise coming from him).

Went to dinner at Buca di Beppo's. it is this gorgeous Italian eating place that serves the entirety own family fashion (while you order something, it serves 3-four people for a small, and six-8 for a big). What we've got achieved in the beyond is order a gaggle of different things and anyone simply passes it round and stocks. I planned out earlier what i'd consume, which turned into just simple old spaghetti with marinara (the complete small order had 20 points, so I ate 1/2 of the order for 10 factors.

Went to the Expo to choose up our packets for the race. I asked the man if I could get a medium shirt rather than an XL (I registered closing may additionally, when i used to be still my heaviest... and i knew i would need a 2XL, so I deliberately ordered an XL to hopefully lose a touch and healthy into it, lol).  He stated no, that something became on my bib changed into the size I got. So my shirt is ginormous. Oh well!  Went back to the hotel.
Free happy hour at the hotel!
I brought my 24W jeans with me on the journey so that I could show my sister. I placed them on, and absolutely everyone was bowled over. They had been laughing and pronouncing how high-quality it changed into. My sister grabbed her camera to take a picture of me wearing the jeans, and then my BROTHER really took a photograph too! (that could be a large compliment--he is now not without problems impressed!)  Went to mattress, and slept like crap (i used to be fearful approximately the race, and besides, I continually sleep like crap in inns).

SATURDAY: woke up at 5 a.m. quickly dressed and went downstairs with Renee for breakfast.  I had oatmeal with brown sugar and a banana, and a few espresso. changed into great worried approximately the race (no idea why! i'm 88 pounds lighter than final yr, and i trained for it). Went right down to the corral at 7:00 (race commenced at 7:30). It become FREEZING. Temp changed into in the 30s, with a wind relax of lots much less. The wind became horrible. I significantly considered choosing up someones used sweatshirt off the floor to put on. as soon as the race virtually starts offevolved, it takes about 30 minutes for the walkers to get to the starting line (hold in thoughts there are 35,000 humans that do that race!)
Renee and me before the race

My sister was on foot with me, and we have been stop and move, waiting to get to the place to begin. I determined to show around to peer if I should see the end of the road of human beings. I became round only to discover WE were the quit!! there has been no one behind us! So I panicked a little, and then we moved over to the left aspect of the group and began nosing our way forward. got to the starting point, and we began taking walks at an excellent tempo (approximately 16:00/mile).  My purpose this yr became to finish in three:30 or much less.

We noticed all kinds of cool things along the manner.... at mile one, we may want to see the zoo at the right hand side and the elephant became in plain view. reading the shirts that human beings put on became fun. there was one female I noticed at mile 3 whose inner thighs had been SO CHAFED that they have been bleeding--I felt so terrible for her. At mile 6 changed into the Indy 500 song, and this is 2.5 miles round.

I felt really proper the whole way. My sister and i stayed collectively the entire time, and we did a few walking and some taking walks (maybe simplest 1 mile of jogging total).  We noticed firemen with all of their gear on (consisting of their face mask) and that they were taking walks quite speedy. We determined that in the event that they were near us just before the finish line, we would ask them to carry us throughout the end line--would not that be an remarkable photograph?! haha

The last 10th of a mile, I saw my mom and Renee on the sidelines cheering us on. (Renee completed the race in 1:forty nine, went to the room to shower and change, then went back to look at us pass the finish line... what a champ!)  My mom become frantically looking to take off her sweatshirt and give it to us, which I idea changed into silly due to the fact we just walked thirteen.1 miles in quick sleeves.

 My sister grabbed my hand it placed it up inside the air as we crossed the line. Our end time became 3:23, which changed into thrilled with!  Then we went and got our photograph taken, and went to where Renee and my mother were to looking for Stacey, Melissa, and Carla.

We saw Stacey and Carla pass the end about 25 mins when I did. Melissa wasn't with them, and that they shouted that they didn't understand wherein she was, they left her at mile 1. all people desired to get their unfastened beer, however it turned into WAAAAY too bloodless for me to think about beer. My brother went again to the room to get sweatshirts and jackets and whatnot for everybody. We in the end went back to the inn approximately 30 minutes later, and i discovered out what passed off to Melissa (she wasn't retaining the minimum 17:00/mi pace, so the bus picked her up).
Jeanie and me just before the finish line
Renee, me, Jen, Jeanie, and Brian


Me, Brian, and Jeanie (I wish my little brother was there too!)

After the race, I showered an got dressed and did my hair and make-up and all that. Renee and that i went to the foyer and shared a tumbler of wine. Renee said that on the elevator, this one guy became checking me out big-time... she said she desired to inform him to "take a photo, it lasts longer", lol. It surprised me, due to the fact i am now not used to men checking me out!  The lodge had loose satisfied hour (beer, wine, and combined beverages) from 5:30-7:30.  I went down there with Renee, my brother, my sister, and Jen and Natalie (my sister's pals). Had  beers there, and it become a number of a laugh simply goofing round speakme.

Went to Rock bottom Brewery for dinner, and OMG--it was scrumptious! I regarded makeup the menu on-line and calories and all that, so I knew what i would order. I were given an 11 ouncessirloin (reduce in 1/2, due to the fact I didn't have enough points to consume the whole thing!), lemon rice, inexperienced beans, and roasted mushrooms. The complete meal was 9 factors :)  The food turned into soooo accurate.

Went again to the lodge, exhausted, and went to mattress early.

SUNDAY:  make-upwoke makemakeup at 7, went to breakfast (oatmeal) and then we drove home. i am now not sore in any respect, really... i am feeling high-quality in comparison to the ultimate  years!  I can not let you know how glad that makes me!


Some comparison photos: