Martian 10k

Jumat, 11 Maret 2016

Martian 10k

more than one weeks ago, I got talked into registering for a 10k that came about this morning. My pals Renee and Jessica signed up too (they're going to Indy with me for the half-marathon). I wasn't training for it, but i used to be prepared, since i've been education for the 1/2 marathon. I ran eight miles multiple days ago and my knee has been killing me ever considering that, so i used to be frightened approximately the 10k this morning. I always get nervous earlier than races, that's sort of ridiculous. I got 0 sleep closing night time because I saved thinking about the race.

anyway, i used to be nominated to force, so absolutely everyone met at my residence inside the morning. We additionally picked up a female named Tiffany at the manner, who became a friend of Jessica's. there has been a half of-marathon, a full marathon, a 10k, a 5k, and a children marathon, all with special starting instances. We were given there extremely good early, at 6:30 AM--and the 10k begin time became at eight. We walked round a little and hung out in the automobile until race time.

Renee, who is the quickest of us, went up to the front of the start line. i was inside the middle, and surely failed to care wherein I commenced due to the fact we had chips on our footwear for legitimate timing. whilst it started out, i found an excellent tempo right away and turned into passing a whole lot of people. The course changed into clearly a laugh--we were given to run on an on-ramp to a expressway after which run a part of the limited-access highway and flip around at the midway factor, then run via a few kind of park on a paved course. It turned into often a flat path--just a few hills.

I felt pretty correct through the whole thing, and my knee wasn't hurting at all. about a half of mile from the halfway factor where you switch around, I noticed Renee (meaning she become about 1 mile ahead of me). I additionally noticed a woman I went to high school with, and i identified her instantly. She didn't see me, however after I got home, i discovered her on fb and requested if it was her--it changed into.  besides, I had quite a great deal no desire of placing a PR. My remaining 10k changed into on Halloween, at the height of my strolling and earlier than I broke my jaw. My time become fifty six:25 (nine:05/mi). recently, i have been going for walks about a 9:20 mile--I just sense sluggish or something.  So I wasn't simply going for a PR. this is why I wasn't even excited about this race.  After the first mile or so, I looked at my pace and i used to be doing about an 8:40 mile, so i used to be glad about that. Then I idea, "If I simply stay under a nine:00/mi, i'll set a PR."

Turns out I DID actually set a PR!  My finish time was 55:04.5.  I finished 316th out of 946 overall, and 34th out of 149 in my age group (20-29). I'm pretty happy about that!!

This is Tiffany, Jessica, me, and Renee. I'm bummed I didn't put on my race shirt for the pic! But I didn't want to transfer my bib over.